Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect doesn't work anymore on Yamaha RX V 681

Solved!

Spotify Connect doesn't work anymore on Yamaha RX V 681

Hi,

I'm a spotify user (premium) for a year and I recently (since approximatively 1 à 2 weeks) experience problems with Spotify Connect on my amplifier Yamaha RX-V681.

It worked very well before. I was able to launch my music with Spotify Connect on my amplifier from my iPhone, iPad or my PC (Windows 8.1) without any problem.

Now, i see the amp (RX-V681) on the list of devices to which I can stream but when I choose it, the spotify connect icon stays grey (not green like before)

I tried the following:

- Uninstall then re-installing spotify on My iPhone -> doesn't work

- Upgraded the Yamaha RX-V681 to the latest firmware -> doesn't work

- change the network settings to use a static IP (instead of DHCP) and the google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 -> doesn't work

- execute a hard reset of the amplifier: Hold the "Straight" button while pushing the "Power" button and chose "Init ALL" -> This doesn't work either

The point is that Spotify Connect works on my PC (Win 8.1). I mean: I'am able to launch music from my Iphone or Ipad to my PC WITH Spotify Connect.

My PC like the amplifier (RX-V681) is connected to the local network with wire. So it can't be a network problem since Spotify Connect do work on the PC as stated in my previous sentence.

My questions:

- Has there been an upgrade of the Spotify Connect protocol recently ?

- How can I know if the Spotify version of the amplifier is always compatible with the Spotify Connect protocol ?

- Is there a way to upgrade the Spotify app embeded in the amplifier if needed ?

- Any other ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

deto

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved !

It came from the firewall of my gateway that blocks outbound connexions with the setting set to maximum security.

Once this was changed to the medium level, the amplifier worked well with spotify connect.

There is still something weird: I have now set back the level to "maximum security" and it still works.

It's like the gateway has cached this connexion and allows it even when the outbound traffic is blocked (due to the "maximum security" level)

Any ideas ?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

There are some infos on this post to be able to create rules that allow outbound traffic to Spotify even with the security level of the firewall set to "Maximum security":

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Troubleshooting-connection-issues/...

Marked as solution

The idea is then to open a route from the amplifier local IP on port 4070 to the following range: 78.31.8.0/21, 193.182.8.0/21

7 Replies

I forgot to say that I'm able to stream music from Iphone or IPad to the amplifier with Airplay.

So, all these tests are showing that is related to communication between spotify connect the amplifier (Yamaha RX-V681).

Thanks in advance

I have done some other tests during the last days:

- Disconnect all the devices (on the Spotify account webpage)

- Disconnet all offline devices (on the Spotify account webpage)

- Try to connect with another account

Nothing works 😞

Marked as solution

Problem solved !

It came from the firewall of my gateway that blocks outbound connexions with the setting set to maximum security.

Once this was changed to the medium level, the amplifier worked well with spotify connect.

There is still something weird: I have now set back the level to "maximum security" and it still works.

It's like the gateway has cached this connexion and allows it even when the outbound traffic is blocked (due to the "maximum security" level)

Any ideas ?

Marked as solution

There are some infos on this post to be able to create rules that allow outbound traffic to Spotify even with the security level of the firewall set to "Maximum security":

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Troubleshooting-connection-issues/...

Marked as solution

The idea is then to open a route from the amplifier local IP on port 4070 to the following range: 78.31.8.0/21, 193.182.8.0/21

I have Yamaha RX-V485 and recently got the same issue with Spotify Connect on both PC and Android.

Nothing helped from the above (Google DNS servers only helped to use Spotify on the receiver, but not to connect from phone or PC).

So, I continued to play with the router and found that multiple LAN clients have duplicate IDs or names (including the receiver which had an ID from my laptop) - that was caused by the DHCP Lease Time setting being "Forever". So, I changed that to "1 Day" (you can try "30 min" or whatever) - and it reset the DHCP allocations. This reset the IDs for LAN clients and Spotify Connect started to work again.

So to block spotify connect, i can just block access to port 4070?  Wonderful.

Suggested posts