Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect dropouts/disconnecting

Spotify Connect dropouts/disconnecting

Hello,

I've been having some trouble lately with using Spotify Connect with my Yamaha RX-483 receiver. It has always been working reasonably well, but since a few weeks now I've been experiencing dropouts in the audio and random disconnecting up till the point where it's unusable.

The firmware on the receiver is up to date and the apps on my phone and computer are too. I'm only experiencing this problem using Spotify Connect on the RX-483 and not when I stream to my phone or computer. The receiver is connecting to my router with a wire so it's not a wifi issue either.

I have been going through posts on here from people that had the same problem, it seems like quite a lot of people have this problem, but I couldn't find a solution.

I hope someone has the solution it's been quite frustrating, thanks in advance.

8 Replies

I'm having the same problem. It's been going on for several weeks now (actually since the lockdown in my country, so that's extra annoying).
Here is what I use:
Plan: spotify premium
Device: iPhone 7s
Receiver: Raumfeld stereo cubes

Spotify connect just randomly disconnects from my speakers. Sometimes it happens in the middle of a song, and sometimes it happens when I'm switching to another song/album/playlist. Moreover, every now and then Spotify pauses the song for no particular reason. I have to press the 'play' button again, but when I do, it's disconnected from my speakers again. Really annoying.

I've been looking for an answer as well, and since 2017 there have been multiple posts about this issue on this forum. However, apparently nobody has been able to come up with a solution. Any suggestions? I've tried all the obvious solutions: reinstalling the app, restarting speakers, restarting router, updating everything etc. No luck yet!

I am facing similar issue. When I stream song on the Yamaha RX-V685 receiver it plays the song with 1 second long pauses every few seconds (like buffering issues). I swapped the wifi for 1GB LAN and no improvement. I think the problem started after I updated the receiver firmware few weeks ago. When I stream to even multiple Chromecast devices (including one connected on the  receiver) I don't have issues. I live in Belgium and the internet link I have is minimum 40mbs

I am facing the same problem right now at this point of writing.

This has never happened before, so its unlikely hardware nor program issues.

This is annoying.

This is the same issue I’ve been having for months. Spotify tried to help resolve the issue to no avail. Yamaha has also given up in diagnosing the issue.

Random disconnects are not acceptable.

Having the same issues. My Yamaha RX-V479 will randomly cut off when connected to Spotify Connect. System used to work well but over past few weeks I can't consistently listen for more than 10-15 minutes without the song stopping. Need to reconnect and skip songs to get it to play again, and same thing happens after another 10-15 minutes. Very frustrating.

I too have noticed this happening in the last three months or so. Spotify Connect was rock solid before then. I have a Pioneer SX-S30 receiver.

Once the music cuts out, I'll go to the device selector in the Mac app, and choose the SX-S30 again, it'll show "connecting" for a while, then the device will disappear from the list.

Some point later (maybe a few minutes?) it'll reappear, and work.

I am having exact same issue with my pioneer. SX-S30 - constant buffering an dropouts and used to be rock solid as well

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

It looks like the receivers you mentioned are not included in Spotify Everywhere. If your receivers/amplifiers are no longer listed, it would explain why you're having trouble. In this case, we'd recommend checking with the manufacturer. 

We'd also suggest taking a look here for more alternatives to listen to Spotify.

Also, some Community users have shared a solution here for some network-related issues that might be able to help.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts