Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect is unreliable since May 2022 - Can it be fixed

Spotify Connect is unreliable since May 2022 - Can it be fixed

I use Spotify Connect with an Arcam SR250 amplifier and a Volumio device. Both are patched up to date.
Playback frequently just stops - this is not paused - the track count goes to zero.
I can restart playback, but it fails again after 5-20 minutes.
Both devices were completely reliable until around May 22 - This was about the same time I had to reinstall the Spotify client on my Mac and iPhone, because it started complaining that my account had expired (it had not).
3 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan.

The current version of Volumio is 3.396, but the problem has existed in all versions since ~3.1. The Volumio team have been struggling to resolve this issue for months.

The Arcam amplifier is an SR250, running firmware version System7v15_20210909.

I am using Spotify on both MacOS and iPhone. The MacOS version is 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

This problem only exists on those two devices - I also use it with Sonos and playin glocally, which works fine.

I don't think there is a useful screenshot I can give you. It just stops playing and the counter returns to the beginning of the current track.

I hope this helps. It is the main way I listen to music and is very dissapointing. It worked fine for the last 3 years.

Hey @joyofduck,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

We apologize for the confusion here, the Volumio platform is not something that we officially support, so any questions or issues related to it need to be addressed by the team that develops it.

Thanks for understanding. We're here for you if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts