Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect iteufel air play

Solved!

Spotify Connect iteufel air play

Since yesterday i am not able to use my iteufel air box with spotify connect anymore. This was the most important feature of the box. Why is spotify allowed removing this feature from my device for that we have paid a lot of money. To connect via Bluetooth is no suitable alternative. Can somebody help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After some further correspondence with the support I was now able to return my device to Teufel! I've got my money back.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I know! It's really really really (!!!) frustrating. I just decided to get Spotify Premium and now this. I thought it had to do with the setup of my new wifi router but after googling the issue I find out that this is a feature that is being taken away without notification!

Hi

I´ve the same problem. Therefore I contacted Spotify Support. The answer from Spotify was that Spotify App will not be available on iTeulel Box anymore in future. I´m thinking also to quit Spotify Premium.

Regards,

Joerg

Hi there,

I just had a chat with the Spotify Support regarding the iTeufel - Spotify issue. It seems like Teufel did not follow up with the integration process for the iTeufel, so that Spotify Connect cannot be offered on this device anymore. Thus the Spotify Connect is not availabale of the iTeufel Air (Blue).
I will get in touch with Teufel now. 

Looks like Teufel ist not going to fix it. If you look at the blog posts on their product page (in German) they say that the device is out of production and that you shall use it with Bluetooth instead. But that's indeed not a real alternative as any other audio from the phone would blend into the music. Not to mention making a phonecall...

https://blog.teufel.de/iteufel-air-blue-streaming-system/comment-page-1/#comment-53888

And Spotify neither worries about this situation as they just updated their service "Spotify Connect" and ignore problems that are coming along with this. 

I just sold my Teufel and canceled the Sportify Pro Famaly Sub.

Hi,

I wrote to Teufel about this issue. They claim Spotify stopped the Connect service for this device and that they can do that for any device on the market. Apparantly Spotify develops this service for all devices out there individually?! 

Teufel says SpotifyConnect cannot be reinstalled via software-update in the iTeufel. Swich to bluetooth, they say.

One of them, or both in cooperation, can make it work, I'm sure. The effort turns out to be too high for them. From my view as a customer I bougth a highend device that breakes within 4 years. I should look into Teufel's warranty statement if it says something about the durabilty of this service.

At second thought: this service-stop is not so inconvenient for speaker producers, since it could enhance sales for newest devices.

But then again, I'll never buy a Teufel product again.

Regards, Pim.

So that's what you get for buying expensive Teufel devices, from a company that is unwilling to provide firmware updates for their shít, and Spotify, an ignorant streaming service that only cares about its stock market launch.

And I'm the ídiot who paid Spotify Premium one year in advance.

Marked as solution

After some further correspondence with the support I was now able to return my device to Teufel! I've got my money back.

When did you buy the iTeufel? Was it recently or more than a year ago?

Bought it approx 3 years ago.

how you convinced them to take the device back?! have the same issue and the it sucks a lot.... 

Suggested posts