Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not available for Samsung R6 anymore

Spotify Connect not available for Samsung R6 anymore

Hello,

today I just made some changes in our Wifi setup because we changed our provider. Due to that our provider gives a bad Technicolor Modem/Router I set up our FritzBox as the Router. Means that the Technicolor is used as the Modem and the Fritbox is used as the Router.

Everything works fine except Spotify Connect. We have a Samsung R6 Wireless Speaker which is connected to the Wifi and it can be controlled by my smartphone with the multiroom app. Unfortunately the Samsung R6 is not avialable for Spotify Connect anymore.

No matter which device I try to connect to the R6, it does not work and it is not even listed in the list.

Radio and other stuff works fine so there is no problem with the communication between the R6, the Router and my smartphone. 

Even Deezer works but Spotify simple does not.

I already checked everything but I can not solve the problem.

All devices are connected to the same Wifi. Spotify Connect works with my smartphone and laptop.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

I have the same problem too

I have the same problem, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Multiroom app, reset the R6, logged out of all devices for spotify, set everything up again. Multoirrom shows spotify, when I click on it, it takes me to the app, but the R6 is not showing. Can anyone help?

Hey @JimmyMas,

Thanks for joining the thread!

It looks like the speakers aren't compatible with some changes that must've happened on the backend / API side of things.
In this case a firmware update on the speaker manufacturer's end may be required.
For now, you can check this thread for further info regarding this issue.

Do keep us posted if anything else comes up in the meantime.
Thanks & cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I found something that works, connected my Samsung Hub to my Router and then connected the R6 to the hub, Spotify now finds the speaker. Multiroom does not work still

Suggested posts