Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not available to play on NAD C338 amplifier

Spotify Connect not available to play on NAD C338 amplifier

Previously both Spotify Connect and Google Cast was available to play music on my NAD C338 amplifier. Since a month or so the Spotify Connect option disappeared. Only the Google Cast options left. I preferred Spotify Connect because it's gapless while Google Casts takes about 6 sec or so to start. Is there a way to solve this?
6 Replies

Hey there @WiboP,

Thanks for the post.

On devices that don't have a native app, Spotify only provides an API that can be integrated into devices, so if you're experiencing issues, it's best to reach out to the manufacturer. The speaker manufacturer is the one who develops the Spotify app for their specific device, suing our API. We can only troubleshoot and make changes to our own apps native apps (Mobile/ Desktop etc).

If a recent update on how the Spotify API works has been made, we can investigate on our end as we're doing for the Nuvo devices, but in the end updates are necessary with how Spotify is evolving and the device manufacturer may need to push a firmware update as well out to ensure that it's configured properly to run the Spotify services.

So some things you can try are the following:

• Perform a factory reset on the amplifier
  • Check the manufacturer's website for any new firmware releases and install those
  • Restart your router or thy connecting all devices to a different network
  • Reach out to the device manufacturer for further assitance

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm experiencing the same issue with my C338. NAD support said that Spotify made some changes on their end and that I needed to update the firmware on my unit for it to work again, but as far as I can tell I'm running the latest version. May have to contact them again and see if anything's changed. 

I talked about this issue in the store where I bought my NAD C338 amplifier. According to their sources Spotify and Google decided to no longer support Spotify Connect on the C338 amplifier. So to my dissapointment Spotify and Google force me to use the chromecast connection. To my opinion it's an deterioration. The sound quality is noticeable lower than Spotify connect. Even Bluetooth seems to sound better.

I hope Spotify will reconsider this.

This is really unfair!

When I decided to buy the NAD C388, I made my choice mainly because of this offer of multimedia connections at my fingertips. Now I am forced to use google chromecast, which does not provide the same audio performance at all.

I honestly don't know who is to blame, whether Spotify or NAD, but it is absurd that a service is being suppressed and customers have to lose out.

Next time I want to buy an upgrade for my stereo system, I will turn to more correct and reliable brands.

Thats it, I'm getting rit of my NAD amp and forcing the family to switch to Tidal. 
So Dear Spotify, your service and quality are terrible, your App is a joke and now this...  

My Nad C338 amplifier just performed an automatic firmare update to version 2.13 which apparently readded support for Spotify Connect.

Release notes for version 2.13: https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Software-Release-Notes-C338-SRN2022-08-v2.13.p...

Suggested posts