NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on Argon Audio Stream 3 skips songs

Spotify Connect on Argon Audio Stream 3 skips songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Argon Audio Stream 3 streaming device controlled by Spotify app on Android phone

Spotify version on the Argon Audio Stream 3: HEAD-v3.198.55-g9da7ba0d

Spotify version on my Android phone: 8.7.88.496

My Question or Issue

I am using Spotify Connect on an Argon Audio Stream 3 streaming device which I control from the Spotify app on an Android phone. When I play a playlist every other song is skipped. Sometimes the skipped song is not even started, sometimes it is audible for a fraction of a second and is then skipped.

I have already done a clean re-install of the Spotify app on my Android phone but this did not change anything.

I also own a Majority Robinson streaming device where this issue does not appear.

What can I do to fix this for the Argon Audio Stream 3 or at least debug this further? Thx for your support!

7 Replies

Hey there @schendi

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update? 

On another note, would you mind checking if the same happens while using a different internet connection? 

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your device is up to date. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

thx for your answer. The issue was present right from the beginning after I bought/got the Stream 3 (which was like 6 days ago). So no specific event. The firmware of the device is up-to-date according to its firmware update menu entry. I checked both LAN and WLAN connection but the issue persists. I might be able to check another network in the next days.

BR, Marcel

Hi @schendi

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, have you followed these specific steps to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your Android phone?

Also, would you mind checking if the same happens if you use a different phone to control the Argon Audio Stream 3 device?

On another note, take your time to check if the issue persists while using a different network. 

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Yes, I have already done a clean re-install of the Spotify app as described in your attached link.

I have also used another phone and my PC to control the Stream 3 device and the issue persists.

I have not yet had a chance to try the device on another network. Would you mind explaining why this should make a difference?

BR, Marcel

Hey @schendi,

Thanks for the reply.

A different network will help us narrow down the reasons for this behavior as Connect is using your network to connect the two devices. An issue with the network may result in similar experiences. Also make sure to turn off any VPN connections, if you have any active.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi all,

the issue has been resolved with the newest firmware V4.9.3 of my Argon Audio Stream 3 which I received automatically on 23. Dec. Thx for all the support also from here.

BR, Marcel

Hey @schendi,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂 

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts