Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on Chromecasts

Spotify Connect on Chromecasts

Plan

Premium

Country UK

Device
Various

Operating System

Android 9 and  Windows 10,etc

Chromecast devices briefly connect (2 seconds) and disconnect on Android. Work around for Android is to use the google home app to control volume pause and play. Spotify app shows different tunes playing at different points to the actual music.

On Windows Music stops but app shows as still playing. Required to disconnect from Chromecast audio and reconnect. This takes quite a long time to achieve as the app hangs for a while before connecting.

Since yesterday  16 Oct around 4pm BST.

All apps and firmware up-to-date with latest version

11 Replies

I also have this problem where Spotify can't connect to my chromecast or connects and then immediately disconnects. Other things like netflix and youtube works fine on the chromecast so it's just spotify.

Spotify version 8.5.80.1037 on Android 10

Same here, started yesterday out of nowhere 😞

Hey there @nrhatigan@Olnk and @independence

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Keep in mind we're currently investigating an issue that's causing latency with our web player and partner devices related to what you're experiencing. We suggest checking out this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Thanks Ivan, it seems that thread is relevant for me indeed. Issue seems to be resolved since yesterday btw.

Hey there @Olnk

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We’re happy to hear this is now fixed for you.

Еnjoy your music! 

I don't see it fixed. I can't connect to an LG SK8Y chromecast-audio-enabled speaker. Connects for half a second and disconnects. My other apps connect to the speaker using chromecast easily, spotify has failed to connect for the last 5 days or so. I've done everything I can on my end to try to get it working, reset the speaker, reinstalled spotify, different settings.

Version 8.5.81.991 

It's not fixed for me too. LG Soundbar SL7Y.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the heads up!

Our developers are currently looking into this. We'd recommend you head over to this ongoing issue thread and follow the instructions in the Status Update.

In case you're experiencing a different issue, it'd be great if you could check off the steps listed in this support article under Google Chromecast Audio.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We’ll be right here if you still need help 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry Xenia, but you have linked an unrelated issue. Spotify developers need to fix this issue as well. This is STILL BROKEN. Repeat. STILL BROKEN.

Hey there @orangesherbet0,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you try to restart their router?

It would also be great if you can perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have this problem again, Spotify will not connect to my chromecast or it connects but then immediately disconnects. Youtube, Netflix etc works fine it's just Spotify that is not working with the Chromecast again

Spotify version 8.5.89.901 on Android 10

Edit: Nevermind, now it's working, not sure what happened

Suggested posts