Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect to JBL Playlist doesn't work

Spotify Connect to JBL Playlist doesn't work

Plan

Premium (family) 

Country

Germany

Device

Across ALL devices (iPhone 8+, PC, Macbook), but only my account, to a JBL Playlist

Operating System

iOS 12, Windows 10, macOS 10.14 Mojave 

My Question or Issue

Recently my JBL Playlist stopped allowing Spotify Connect connections through, but only from my account on our family plan. This is a phenomenon across all of my devices, from Windows 10 to my Mac laptop to my phone, nothing works. It appears in the list as an available speaker, and as soon as it's tapped/clicked on, it throws me directly back out. My husband, the only other person on the account & the account holder, can still use the speaker fine across all of his devices. I can't tell what changed in this configuration, as the speaker has worked fine for me for 2ish years, except that we semi-recently turned our 2 premium accounts into 1 family one. 

Any help is appreciated, I'm going slowly insane trying to troubleshoot it 🙂 

17 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland 

Device

iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy, Desktop PC, JBL Playlist speaker with Chromecast Audio built-in

Operating System

iOS, Android, Windows 10

My Issue

Hi Spotify Community,

A couple of days ago the Spotify Connect stopped working at all on my JBL Playlist.

- The speaker was restared and configured again

- The network is OK

- I logged off from ALL devices using Spotify configuration page

I can only cast the music to it from iPhone/Galaxy smartphone using "CAST to Chromecast audio" function in the Spotify app.

It is impossible to use Spotify Connect option - when I switch to it on the smartphone Spotify app I hear "Playing was stopped because your Spotify account is currently used on other device" - IT IS NOT TRUE.

In the Spotify APP in Windows 10 the speaker is available on the devices list but the selection does nothing.

We tried 4 smartphones and 2 workstations.

I am really dissatisfied.

It is a bug and please fix it.

Best regards,
Szymon 

Same problem here - spend an hour with spotify support yesterday with no resolution in sight.

I performed the test:

- opened new Spotify account

- PREMIUM subscription activated

Result:

- the same problem exists

This is not related to account. It is a problem with the service provided by SPOTIFY.

But I paid for the speaker WITH this service so it will be returned (guarantee) - to be "repaired".

New test case:

I was CASTing music from Spotify Web Player https://open.spotify.com

On my iPhone I had fresh installation of Spotify. I logged into the Spotify on iPhone.

What happened?

I heard from the JBL Playlist: Playing was interrupted because your account is used on another device....

I have exactly the same problem.

I bought a second JBL playlist beginning of the week, and since it was not working with Spotify connect I did "forget all device" in a troubleshooting attempt.

Since then, my first JBL is not working with Spotify connect as well.

I do have other Spotify connect devices on the same network (Sony & Onkyo) and those did reconnect without any trouble.

As the problem seems revolving around the JBL Playlist; I contacted the support and I would suggest that everyone impacted does the same.

I'm having the same issue.

Did you guys also experience the problem in the past that 

i) Shuffle only uses the last ~50 Songs from any Playlist on Spotify?

ii) There's a cracking noise when using Spotify? (doesn't happen with Bluetooth)

I already sent it to repair (guarantee) but they said they couldn't figure out the problems mentioned above. And now that I've got it back even Spotify Connect isn't working anymore. I'm so done with this device/Spotify.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your reports regarding Spotify Connect not working properly with your JBL Playlist device. If the issue occurs for you, make sure to add your +VOTE so you can stay updated.

We'd suggest first giving a try and checking that:

• All the devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd like some additional info so we can take a closer look:

• Your Spotify app version
  • Your device and its OS version that you're using Spotify Connect from

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while! As a result, we're going to move this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to open a new thread and we'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

THis week I purchased the JBL Linkview Speaker - Problem - it only plays spotify

'non-subscription' - and not my premium content - I note numerous posts from 2019 - has this been resolved? Please send directions to rectify

Hey there @smannion-6,

Thanks for reaching out with this one and welcome to the Community!

The old issue has indeed been resolved. Could you make sure that you are logged in to the right account when connecting to your JBL Speaker? You can do this by visiting your account page here. There you can also check the Your Plan section to make sure that your Premium is currently activated.  You can also have a look at this Spotify Answer, where we've gathered the most common causes for users not having their Premium available and how to solve this. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you have access to your Premium features when you log in to your account on another device?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator

Well.... nope still not working,

I've logged out of my Spotify Premium account on all my devices.
I've checked that the subscriptions still is valid
I've followed the steps you've suggested.

and no I;m still getting ads interrupting my Spotify on the JBL LinkView -
this is really frustrating!

I've requested - "hey google, play my Liked from radio tracks on spotify",
and I'm answered

"sorry your liked from radio tracked either isn't available of cant be
played right now"

Ho-hum!!

Next suggestion please

Hey @smannion-6,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Have you already tried the following?

1. Logging out of your Spotify on the JBL LINK VIEW
  2. Unlinking your Google account from the JBL LINK VIEW
  3. Linking the Google account again and logging in to your Spotify with the JBL LINK VIEW

It'd be good to see if this unveils any synchronization issues. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator

Spotify

I have the same issue. My JBL Bar 9.1 speaker doesn't show up as an airplay device. The JBL shows up on other apps but not spotify. Only way I can run it is by adding it as a Chromecast device using Google Home but not a regular Airplay speaker.

I was on chat with Spotify support for 2 hours for this and they could not solve it. @Spotify, please do something about this!!

Hey @prashant_jbl,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you elaborate more on where exactly the speaker doesn't show up? Do you mean the desktop app and you trying to use Connect to stream music on the speaker?

If this is the case, could you first perform a clean reinstall of the desktop app like described here and check if your speaker is visible via the web player?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

**bleep**, Has the problem been solved? JBL properly connected stopped playing overnight. You can connect to it via mobile app and PC but it does not perform GOOGLE assistant voice command. A message appears saying that something went wrong and I should try again later.

If only they cared😅 I'm having the same issue and I just bought mine today. 

Suggested posts