Announcements

Spotify Device Password

Spotify Device Password

I'm stuck in a very frustrating spot. The "Set Spotify Device Password" option doesn't send an email to me. So after doing some reading, it looked like I should be able to contact support, and they would be able to manually generate the link to send to me. After 7 emails back and forth, I'm being told to delete the facebook account, completely recreate the account separately, and then that should fix it and let it send the email properly. I've explained as clearly as I can that it's not the facebook password part (which is what I keep getting instructions for), but I'm pretty much bashing my head against the wall at this point.

That can't be the best solution and it doesn't match what I've seen other people recommend on here. If that's the process I need to go through, I will, but it doesn't sound right. Anyone have any advice or feedback?

2 Replies

Hey! I had the same problem and I contacted Spotify Support and I received an e-mail that your Spotify devices password is the same as your Facebook password. Try to enter your Facebook password and let me know if that worked. Good luck 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No such luck for me, unfortunately. Tried both the device username and Facebook email address (which was a suggestion I saw referenced one other spot), along with the Facebook password.

Suggested posts