Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Google Home Mini

Operating System

Latest

My Question or Issue

I'm having some wired issue, when the music Leaving California by Maroon 5 is playing in my Google Home mini it stops before the end of the track and skips to the next song in the playlist. It stops always stops at 1:04

Right now I've only found this track with this issue. I've tested in 2 Google Home Mini devices (In my Phone it works as it should)

Steps to Reproduce: 

1. Say "Ok Google, play Leaving California on Spotify"

2. Listen to the music for sometime 1:04 it will stop and skip to the next one

7 Replies

Hey @gustavokath.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We understand that you are experiencing this issue on only one of your three Google Home devices. Before we proceed we'd like to ask you to do a quick reinstallation. You can read here how. We'd also like to ask if you could remove your account from the Google Home speaker, reboot the speaker and try to link again.

If this didn't help. Try out a different account, for example from a friend or family member. That way we can find out if this is account or device related.

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hi @,

I've tried the precedents you described and they didn't solve the issue, this music specifically keeps stopping at the same part

I think you got some part of the issue quite wrong. I experience this in all my Google Home devices, it is something consistent not a sporadic issue

I don`t know if this is an issue in Spotify or in the Google Assistant device.

Sorry about the delayed response.

Thanks for the attention

Same problem here on my Google Home Mini but with another song - Ultraviolet by The Amazons. The song stops playing at exactly 1:31 and Spotify then skips to the next song. Also tried rebooting and resetting my Home Mini and disconnecting my Spotify account but nothing helps.

Just see your message now. But the issue looks like to be solved for me for both songs. Both played until the end as they should. 😄

Hey @gustavokath.

Good to hear it's working again!

We we're doing some research backstage and couldn't figure out what's happening so we're happy it's working again.

@boehmmatthias can you confirm it's working for you again as well?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi!
The problem still occurs on my Google Home Mini when playing the song "Ultraviolet" by "The Amazons" (https://open.spotify.com/track/6FvkQyoxJlHGnARCr4S02u?si=P6XyujmaQKmAElSVmfGTOg).

It plays till the end on all other devices but on my Home Mini it stops at 1:35. 

Hey @boehmmatthias.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try rebooting the Google Home and your router and setting the Google Home up next to the router? That way we can find out if it's due to connectivity issues.

If you have the chance to test a friend or family members account, that way we'll be able to find out if it's account related.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts