Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Feedback

Solved!

Spotify Feedback

Hi Spotify developers (and management),

First off, congrats for developing an awesome concept.  If you hadn't thought about it already, music lovers run out of space for music on their mobile devices, so streaming music over Spotify allows us to keep our "old" handsets longer and still listen to all the music we love.  Kudos!

But I'm worried that Spotify has recently lost its way.  Your customers really don't care that you made a deal with Coca-Cola.  Especially your PAYING customers.  Fix your desktop app issues please ("Failed to enable Spotify social", friends list continually "Loading...").  Continue to improve your iOS and Android apps.  And for god sakes, put out an iPad app ASAP!!!  (as an aside, if you want something to emulate, check out the DirecTV app for iPad -- constantly improving, adding new features like streaming, nice UI)

I will say that allowing mobile streaming & syncing at "Extreme" bandwidth is awesome, but honestly, this is 2012.  You guys need to figure out a way for the app to automatically pick the "best" speed based on real-time network conditions.  For instance, while I'm driving in my neighborhood, Extreme works great, without skipping.  But the second I get to the on-ramp to the freeway (especially around rush hour), I've got to go into the settings and manually drop down to Low Bandwidth, then restart the track, just so that any music comes out.  The Stream & Sync setting should allow the user to cap their bandwith usage in case they have limits to maintain.

You guys started on the right path, but have gotten a little confused about your direction.  Without your fan base, marketing deals mean nothing.  So please, remember to focus on your users?

Thanks again,

chicagogreg

253 Replies

Hey martinlilleberg 🙂 

Sorry to hear you are having issues!

Can you just double check your premium subscription is still valid on your online overview

If it is, then try logging out and back into the desktop application, making sure you are using the correct details. If that doesn't work, hit it with a clean reinstallation and that should sort it. 

If your account shows as free but you are being billed, then you are not logging into the correct account. Any issues, get in touch with customer services using this form and they will be able to assist you further. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify would be better with lyrics, and the ability to move around songs on your pkaylist. I can't change the order of songs on my playlist.

Hi. On the desktop client you can move songs maually in your playlists using the mouse. Also there are two apps, tunewiki and musixmatch which will display lyrics for you.

@jwylot wrote:

Hi. On the desktop client you can move songs maually in your playlists using the mouse. Also there are two apps, tunewiki and musixmatch which will display lyrics for you.

If you are going to drag/drop tracks to reorder, you need to make sure that the playlist is not currently being sorted in asc/desc order by any of the column headings (if it is, you can cycle through to no sorting by clicking on the heading). 

Links to those apps, since the app finder is a little crowded are TuneWiki and musiXmatch.

Peter

Peter

Hi there, can spotify add the "comment" feature? When I love one song, I really want to see how others feel about it. And I want to write at that moment I feel connected even though I know I will not meet that song again. And this could be romantic,like throwing a drifit bottle in the ocean. i may not be abale to see my comment again but someone can see it and get inspired. 

Put in an option to organize all playlists by a default set by the user. Changing the organization from most recent to artist is easily the most annoying thing about this. 

YishanZ - Be sure to add your kudos and comments of support to this ideas topic which requests that functionality be added. 

fordboy42 - If you are using the desktop client, that is a known bug outlined in this topic

Peter

Peter

Hi Spotify Team,

please consider limiting notifications about the new albums only to people that are able to listen to it (due to country restrictions, or other restrictions).

Thank you!

Keep up the great work!

Pawel

@Pawel wrote:

Hi Spotify Team,

please consider limiting notifications about the new albums only to people that are able to listen to it (due to country restrictions, or other restrictions).

Thank you!

Keep up the great work!

Pawel

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

That sounds like a sensible suggestion! If you want to put it to Spotify officially as an idea for improvement, head over to the Ideas Exchange and post it there for feedback and review 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hey!

Will do Peter 🙂

Cheers,

Pawel

I don't know if this i the right thread, but i have to comment about switching the "queue" button with the "star button" when right clicking a song on the desktop client. instead of being able to quickly queue a list of songs that i want to listen to, i now accidentaly star all those songs instead! Can you please change it back, or make it possible to customize the right click menu?

Hi!

SPOTIFY FOR ANDROID

Spotify no longer responds to external media input like prev/ pause/play/ fwd, from for example apps for notification bar or headphone chord or long press volume.

Hey guys,

Thank you for the great service, I'm in love with it & I hope to see more of it.

I consider my premium subscription to be excellent value for money. The way I look at it is that I am paying for access to Spotify's huge music base so I'm prepared to put up with occasionally cranky applications as long as I can carry on listening to my music. Sure it would be nice if the android app functioned like other android music players but the music is more important. On the other hand I would be annoyed if I bought a music app for listening to mp3s and it kept crashing but then I pay for the player, not the music - the emphasis is different.

Comments about profit, greed etc. make me smile. Spotify has made increasing losses every year as this chart which I stole from Digital Music News shows.

spotifylosses2008-2011.jpg

Hello just wanted to thank you for putting this out for linux. Open source FTW.  That is all

@kylebertsch wrote:

Hello just wanted to thank you for putting this out for linux. Open source FTW.  That is all

Open source FTW apart from Spotify, which I can't see ever being open sourced 😛 

Peter

Peter

Hello, first of I just want to say that i love your, still in beta, web player and how the Android app i developing. Though it's one thing that I miss in both of them that is in the windows client, and that is the possibility to add whole albums to playlists. As for now, you have to add one song at a time, which is quite annoying.

Also, i know you're working to add highly desired artists, like "Led Zeppelin", and I would love to see "Tool" added to your library.

Thank you for a fantastic service and keep up the good work.

Hi Spotify!

I just joined Spotify, and I'm very excited about the service you offer here.

There are two things that are absolutely fixable that are absolutely annoying with your current set-up (especially for $120 a year).

1) There is no way to undo a thumbs down.  I was very excited about a song I heard, so I reached over to press the thumb up button and hit the thumbs down button.  Now I not only not hear the song I accidently hit, but I don't hear any songs like it.  It is VERY annoying.

2) There is no way to review the old songs in the radio setting, which is the best way to discover new songs.  What if I'm predisposed and can't access the app to "like" a song before it ends and didn't know the name?  I'm screwed.  This is also very annoying.

Enjoy the feedback!

usndoc2011 - Great to have you on board! Thank you for the feedback. Regarding your second point, there are a couple of ways to make sure your listening is recorded:

1. On desktop, click on 'Play Queue' on the left, then 'History' at the top. It will then show every song you've listened to on that device, including Radio.

2. Last.Fm scrobbling. This is great for your mobile, it will record all songs you listen to and suggest other stuff you might like too. Really cool feature.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for the suggestion on last.fm. I'll try it out. Any way to undo a "thumbs down"? If I could have anything different for Spotify, it would be to edit my thumbs ups and thumbs downs.

Suggested posts