Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Solved!

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

225 Replies

In the end i feeel gooood👍🏽👍🏽🎶🎶🎶

This is super lame, just bought a DDJ-400 for some quarantine living room djing fun with Spotify and now I learn this. Why does Spotify hate fun? Will probably ditch my family sub and switch to Tidal.

Hi,well I don't agree with you. I m also testing Tidal at the moment. Playlist are a few. Searching a genre(example "disco 90" shows albums that are cover of the original songs.. with Spotify in match menu can see BPM .. not with Tidal. With Spotify searching is much more easy and complete

I don't agree.. playlists are different.. searching for the right music is easier on spoty

Hi I'm trying Tidal right now. Sorry to say that integration with Spotify is much better. You can find your music much more easily, less covers/remixes, bmp are not showed anymore on Tidal matches. Furthermore it happens the match list is not found. I really hope the Spotify integration won't desappear

As a user with a family plan i also was using djay Pro with Spotify integration. This step is a very disappointing one. Actually I am very happy with Spotify as such, but now i have to consider moving to Tidal.

I refuse to live without being able to play Spotify music in Djay or any other dj app ever!

Who’s with me?

Let Spotify know that you too refuse to live without being able to play Spotify music in third party dj apps without an official dj app that is just as good if not better.  Use EVERY avenue of communication there is with them!  Twitter, Facebook, everything!

If they say “we’ll make sure your voice is heard,” IT’S A LIE.  Anything and everything Spotify says to make you feel less upset is a lie!

I tried Tidal.. so far away from Spotify.. have you tried to let it match the current playing song with other songs??

There are 3 days that I m using a trial for Tidal and SoundCloud. Both of
them have problems in matching songs section.
Tidal often cannot find a match. Even playlists are very very poor and the
searchbar cannot find easily what I m searching. For example if you search
"mueve la colita" song, in Tidal you have to type the correct name .. in
Spotify you can just type "colita" and soon it appears the most famous song.
SoundCloud finds a lot of remixes and it s difficult to find the original
songs especially in the playlists.
Last but not least .. both of the alternatives cannot show BPM of the
matched songs.. while Spotify can do it. So only with Spotify I can choose
the right mached song with same BPM.

Not such a great idea dismissing integration between Spotify and Algoriddim Deejay Pro!! You will lose my monthly 10 euros... Or are you planning doin your own DJ mixing suite?

With regard to the proposed solution. That does not really help, actually.

Yes, Algoriddim is forced to stop integration. But I can not say I understand this from Spotify point of view. Why does Spotify not allow 3rd party DJ apps? That is not a question to Algorridim but to Spotify. 

Where is the formal statement made by Spotify that it will stop supporting 3rd party DJ apps.  I could only find a section in developer terms. But using DJ apps privately does not hurt anyone. And since other platform still support this people move to others that do support this type of integration. 

Does spotify have new apps/feature on their roadmap to compensate for this loss? Or will they leave these customers hang out to dry. 

I think the best plan in light of the current global pandemic and lack of live concerts and the mere fact that people love Spotify and DJ apps integration. It would be ideal to simply defer this decision until July 2021.

But I’m not sure how far they are in their commitment to this course. Personally I’ve had both Spotify and Tidal for some time now, not a DJ, but I love to decompress and DJay is a great app todo this and Spotify has a plethora of music. 

Let’s hope they consider deferring. Good luck and stay safe!

Deferring?  I doubt that very much.

Keep letting Spotify know in every way possible that you refuse to live without being able to use it in 3rd party dj apps without an equal or better alternative.

This is a SCANDAL!

They used to be plenty of apps, Spotify used to be flexible and now that they have became big, they just have lost their customer centricity.

I would have hoped that Spotify becomes the norm in the future of DJaying.

I’m pretty sure it is now an issue for copyright reason. 
Not only Djay is impacted but also Pacemaker which is an AMAZING APP.
I’m done with all my subscriptions to Spotify, I’ll extract my playlists and go elsewhere.

Well it would be good to have a pro series Spotify subscription to handle a DJ subscription for use in venues. Although why a DJ would want to do that is simply cumbersome. They would need to have flawless internet at the venue. Which doesn’t usually occur. Also Spotify isn’t without its issues.

DJay is the best iOS app out there. Pacemaker I used for a short while but it’s like driving an expensive automatic. DJay provides both sides, automix but also lot of latitude to take control of the mix and have fun for a much cheaper price too.

Anyway, I’m not a DJ, just enjoy decompressing with music. And DJay provides this for me. I’m hoping they will consider a new subscription model if copyright is the issue. Clearly if club DJs are using it they should be paying more for their subscription rights.

But right now, DJing, big parties, and live events are going to be on hold anyway. So best to delay this sunsetting of DJ apps for now. Instead look at changing the subscription model over the next year.

All the best and stay safe!

This is not a helpful solution.

Spotify will lose me as a customer, since DJing with the tracks on Spotify is my primary reason to stay with them.

We need to keep pressuring Spotify to reverse their decision, AT ALL COSTS!!!

Was it Spotify’s decision? That part is unclear to me.

All the developers have noted the same in their websites. Spotify is ending streaming support for 3rd Party DJ Apps July 1, 2020. PaceMaker, DJay, even Pyro by Serato has pulled their app with the same claim.

Spotify has done good things for their music and podcast listeners. I like the features in their app. DJ support is the icing on the cake. I can only hope they consider a delay in enforcement.

All the best and stay safe!

Suggested posts