Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Solved!

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

225 Replies

Hey that's great, Tidal.

I'm not paying for yet another service. To the high seas, mateys!

Yes, it’s over on MacOS... and I’ve just moved my family subscription to Tidal and cancelled Spotify’s one! Moved all the playlist of my family and it went well, only a few songs were missing but it doesn’t matter.

Good bye Spotify for good! 

Attention guys, I wonder if upgrading Djay precipitates the loss of connectivity with Spotify, because on my side playing its old version on my iPhone and iPads still works with my Spotify music playlists. I am still running version 3.2.7 before their integration with Tidal etc. and before their addition of the AI sounds isolation feature.

I thought that may be the case, if I dont update the app I can continue forever. But its definitely not, I never updated my ipad app, but it eventually lost that connection. It seems that it is just slightly different for everyone, not sure why, but Spotty/Algorid did mention that at one point. 

Using Djay Pro's old version 1 on MacOS and spotify is still operational.

Just saying... 😉

Is there any explanation to why??

I have an Onkyo receiver which also had support for Spotify suddenly revoked. 

The Spotify integration is a major selling point for other products but if you suddenly revoke support I as a customer feel maltreated.

Therefore what’s the explanation from Spotify?

• Can we have a reason for the integration being revoked? Every other comment is asking for an explanation and no justification has been given. Like many I have been a long time subscriber but sadly this will probably lead me to move to a different service.

In case anyone hasn't seen this, we can vote to bring the djay integration back! Please take some time to vote: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnership-Bring-back-support-with-Djay/idi-p/5015581

OK I finally did the step!

I cancelled my Family account and switched to TIDAL. TIDAL is really a comparable streaming service to Spotify in quality an number of titles transferred from Playlists. I am now fully happy with it. Sorry for the bad Ad. dear Spotify, change somehting! Make a retro step... SoundCloud GO+ was finally a no go for me 😉 because it is still really a mess on this service! I really did not understand it. While being premium on it, demo titles were not replaced in my Playlists and I still had those dummy songs of 1:30 min or 2:00 min. I could not find an album starting from a song. And we can find several enteries for a single artist... Last songs for an artist is his/her mix session of 2 hours... Was really a mess!! 😞

I cancelled my subscription also and have stepped backwards into the world of purchasing music outright again.

tidal was great for DJing except you couldn’t analyse stuff, and frankly Spotify doesn’t pay artists enough so that kind of put me off streaming all together 

sadly, DJs are probably the least cared about users of Spotify - were a small pocket of users, and their royalties structure only really benefits legacy artists whose listeners have maybe 10-15 albums on repeat, and if they lost our income, they would just adapt their model to be even less DJ friendly and more mainstream casual listener friendly instead of winning us back

still works on Djay Pro versions 1 and 2.

I'm under Mojave and afraid to upgrade.

Anyone, are you still able to run it with more recent MacOs'es ?

Don't worry everyone, there is a solution. You can use the program Sidify, which syncs to your Spotify account and allows you to copy over all of your music to your local hard disc without DRM. You can save in AAC at 320 Kbps or even WAV, so the quality is excellent. There is a free version, but a lifetime license costs only about 100 dollars and gives you unlimited updates and all of the quality codec options. It also copies over all of the metadata, so you will still see the BPM info. The disadvantage is that you will have to invest some time copying over your music, but the advantage is you will not have to DJ by streaming over a network anymore . . . and you don't have to cancel your Spotify subscription. Of course it is only legal for private use, but if you had stopped using djayPro because Spotify yanked your music, this is a great solution. 

How about no?

Nice advertisement

I have been a loyal premium Spotify member for quite some time yet I am incredibly disappointed by this decision. As an avid runner and fitness instructor, I relied heavily on Spotify & Pacemaker to curate high energy, motivating playlists for both my personal workouts and my group fitness classes. The fact that Spotify no longer works with apps such as Pacemaker yet does not allow their Premium users to create  pre-selected playlists that seamlessly blend together in real time (so one does not have to listen to a song in its entirety before moving on to the next one) is frustrating to put it lightly. Even with the fade option, it is nowhere near the same experience. We deserve better. I am considering cancelling my subscription and encouraging others to seek other options if this issue is not resolved. 

Totally agree. I finally canceled my Spotify subscription two months ago,
even though there is no alternative.

Now I have Beatport Link for my dance music playlists and Apple Music for
everything else. I could have kept my Spotify subscription instead of
moving to Apple Music, but I think Spotify does not deserve my money any
more.

Tidal. 

I’d just like to say that I’m still super salty about this, Spotify. 

Hi there,
I don’t understand what the reason for this was though? Is it commercial or something else?

I can’t see how removing 3rd party integration from apps like ‘djay’ is helping you “give your users a better experience”.

I just feel like there’s not enough transparency on this topic. I’ve invested so much time and money into messing around with DJ equipment at home as a form of stress relief and it feel very sad to be dropped like this without an explanation.

Still I’d rather cancel my Spotify sub. I don’t want to give them any money after how they’ve thrown us all under the bus like this out of greed and just being generally evil. Treating artists like trash at every end of this.
Sounds like a good extra app but I’d be using it with literally any other music streaming service.
The only reason I still have spoiltify is because my boss is paying for it. I’ll never give them a cent again though out of principle after what they’ve done this past 12 months.

The only reason is greed on Spotify’s part. They figure if they own the third party apps, they’re make more money money. Which is the only thing they care about. They’re planning on making their own versions of everything (which we should NEVER buy). 
but yeah it’s literally just greed for money over love for artists and music. Really disgusting. Cancel your Spotify sub and get all your friends to do the same 🙂 limewire has more honour now 😂

Suggested posts