Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlists to Roku

Solved!

Spotify Playlists to Roku

I spoke with Roku first to insure it was working correctly as I am not able to download my playlists onto my Roku for streaming to my TV. Roku is fine so they suggested it is a glitch with Spotify and to contact you about solving the problem. I have seen numerous complaints about this on Google so I know it is not isolated.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!
112 Replies

Oh that's great!!

I am on the track of a solution (I hope).  Just got an add from ROKU hawking their new streaming devices (and wanting me to buy one or more of them).  The part of the sales pitch  that caught my attention was them saying that the new devices had greatly expanded memory and software updates for quite a few of the apps (Netflix, and SPOTIFY among them.  I have been trying to find out what has been changed and what version of the Spotify software is contained therein.  I would be willing to fork out the $70 or $80 for a new device IF it corrected the current problems.  ROKU has been getting extremely bad lately, constantly freezing and resetting.  Just about any app will run for about 5 minutes, reset and then run for up to an hour before freezing again.  I had been able to use Spotify, one album or song at a time by searching or selecting "What's Playing" when the "Playlists" menu just kept loading and loading.  Now the "Playlists" menu is gone completely. 
If anyone has bought a new ROKU premium or premier and Spotify now works, I would love to hear about it.
As for the previous streams I have been commenting on, I have tried answering using the website comment/answer format but when I send it in, it just seems to disappear.  I will try this method (answering the email notice) and see if it goes thru.

Unfortunately, this issue seems to be affecting all variations of Roku devices, including Roku Smart TVs...there were cases across all platforms, regarding issues with playlist functionality. Then they released an update to their TV-based app (v 1.1) on 3/20 and it does not include Playlist accessibility. There has been no info from Spotify (that I have seen) about this issue. There are 2 trains of thought:

1. It was an accidental screw up.
Or
2. It was done on purpose to stabilize the app until they can come up with a fix for the playlist issue.

Either way, upgrading to a newer Roku model isn't going to fix this, so save your $$ for now....the issue is directly related to Spotify's Roku app.

Wow well that's unfortunate. Thank you for informing me of this.

SIGH!  Well, it was a good  idea as long as it lasted.  I just hope somebody does something soonest.  Of course, as a result of not being able to use Spotify, I have discovered the great variety of music (many with videos) available on You Tube.  I don't like not being able to listen to my own playlists but the ones that someone else uploaded aren't too bad.  I guess if I wasn't so lazy, I could make and upload my own playlists to You Tube.  Time will tell.

Yeah but it's not the same... And having to create another playlist is so
time consuming.

I cannot see my Spotify playlist on my Roku TV.  I have the premium spotify and have activated it with the given code and still do not see my playlists.

So, everyone needs to check the official thread for this issue....Spotify updated it, admitting that due to too many unaddressed technical issues, that they have outright removed the Playlists feature from Roku devices, as of the V1.1 app release on 3/20.

The full thread can be found at the following link, with Spotify's response at the top of the page:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

O.K. Spotify,

so you have now removed one of the main features which attracted me to the Roku Stick. You seem to suggest that I can easily shell out another pile of money on alternative hardware in order to retain this feature (or not use the feature at all!) You provide me with a comprehensive list of alternative hardware, not giving any idea of price. But, supposing I do fork out more cash, how long will it be before you remove the playlist feature from my new kit? Indeed, which feature are you planning to remove next? I've been a staunch advocate of Spotify since becoming a Premium subscriber, turning away from all the other paid-for services because of the comprehensive and easily managed features you have hitherto provided. But, assumming you're not going to relent on this one it looks as though Deezer or one of the others are going to get a free trial customer; and I suspect others will follow if you do/will not address this issue with some urgency. Please give this posting your earnest attention and offer an answer and some hope to us very frustrated, nay, angry Roku/Spotify subscribers. Thanks in anticipation,

Orchmenides Tubilderborst.

What?! BS. I'm checking my device as soon as I get home. .... What's the
point in having premium then? They are going to lose alot of customers.

I was just about to add in the Family plan so my  Family can share. Now I'm not sure.

The Roku is a requiement and when I picked spotify that was one of the key decinding factors.   

As much as I like spotify, the Spotify Roku App has always been a POS.  

I'll need to ponder this. Maybe I'll check out Amazon music or something. 

Le Sigh. 😞

Hi,

I bought Roku for Netflix, because my Android TV kit was bogging with it.
Now, I have to keep them both. False representation ? you have Spotify logo
on your box. Wasn't expecting that.

Friend: No more Spotify Playlist in Roku. Of course I cancel my membership.

Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app.

We do understand your concerns and are working with Roku on how best to move forward with this app. In the meantime, you can search for and play artists, songs and albums, and your playlists are always available on your other devices with our desktop and mobile apps.

There are other ways to listen to Spotify on your TV too. Check out our guide at www.spotify.com/tv.

No more spotify playlists in Roku: Of course I cancel my membership.

Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app.

We do understand your concerns and are working with Roku on how best to move forward with this app. In the meantime, you can search for and play artists, songs and albums, and your playlists are always available on your other devices with our desktop and mobile apps.

There are other ways to listen to Spotify on your TV too. Check out our guide at www.spotify.com/tv.

Wow 😕 such a shame... I. Keeping my membership just bc I listen on my
computer and phone.. making g a YouTube playlist of all my music is going
to take absolutely forever! ....So for future notes....Roku is the
downfall in all this. ?

Come on Spotify! This simply isn't good enough! You've had long enough to fix this. You're about to lose a shed-load of Premium subscribers. If you don't care, then do nothing and we'll go elsewhere. Alternatively, the ball is squarely in your court. All love, but get your fingers out!!

O.T.

I didnt think it was actually possible to make this app worse than it has been for years but I guess I was wrong.

Just got this response from Roku on Spotify playlist issue:

Dear M

We apologize for the delay in response.
We had got an update from the concern team.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
All Spotify playlists use a new format which is not supported in the current Spotify channel on the Roku platform.

As such, these playlists were recently disabled to ensure a smooth experience.
We hope to work with Spotify to bring back support for Spotify playlists.

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Roku.

Regards,
Riswan
Roku Customer Support

Er, in what way is not having Playlists a "smooth experience"?? How, exactly, are you "helping" us?? We've bought your product (in my case, twice) and we've paid our  subscriptions. When do we get what we've paid for?

O.T.

If I can not get my playlist on roku. There is no point on paying for premium.

Suggested posts