Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlists to Roku

Solved!

Spotify Playlists to Roku

I spoke with Roku first to insure it was working correctly as I am not able to download my playlists onto my Roku for streaming to my TV. Roku is fine so they suggested it is a glitch with Spotify and to contact you about solving the problem. I have seen numerous complaints about this on Google so I know it is not isolated.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!
112 Replies

this is bull**bleep**. Get it together Spotify! Can't use playlists with Roku? way to fall behind the times, people don't have the patience to wait for you to fix it, they'll just go to someone else who has it working. 

I won't be using spotify with Roku at all. If anything i'll just bluetooth my computer to my soundbar but this renders the app useless for me on Roku. 

This is very unfortunate ... I'm going to start recording (from my laptop) the Spotify songs from my playlist and put them on flash drive. Then plug the flash drive into the Roku media player - extra work but problem solved. And, I really really promise not to redistribute, no really I won't. It's not like I should redistribute music recorded on Spotify  just to get back-at Spotify right? That would be wrong right?

I am only the $0.99 3-months trial which I got so I could listen to music on my Roku TV. I will be cancelling the service - what a joke! Google Music here I come. 

As of today 5/29/17 this issue is UNRESOLVED.  The fact is playlists do not show on Roku.  Spotify has the status as closed. I'm not satisfied with Spotify.

Come on SPOTIFY! I am a Pandora lover, just thought I would try you. First, you make me get a premium subscription to use on ROKU , which Pandora DOES NOT do, then you have NO WAY to access Artists or Albums, only by song titles, then you have no way to save onto a playlist. What is the friggin point of using your service if you can't easily access artists and favorites.

Please resolve this or we will all go back to Pandora!

While I haven’t been posting on this topic (what’s the point?) I would like to point out to Spotify that Pandora now has it’s own premium service which includes playlists (the description of all the features sounds like Spotify used to / should be.  They are offering this service for the same price as Spotify premium; sounds good EXCEPT that for now, it only works on I-pads/phones or android devices.  NO ROKU.  Not even for your COMPUTER.  Say they are working on that and it should be available REAL SOON NOW.  Sigh .......

While I haven’t been posting on this topic (what’s the point?) I would like to point out to Spotify that Pandora now has it’s own premium service which includes playlists (the description of all the features sounds like Spotify used to / should be.  They are offering this service for the same price as Spotify premium; sounds good EXCEPT that for now, it only works on I-pads/phones or android devices.  NO ROKU.  Not even for your COMPUTER.  Say they are working on that and it should be available REAL SOON NOW.  Sigh .......

But isn't that only for smart tvs? Is there a way to stream my gs7 to my Samsung non-smart tv? 🤔

Chromecast

Chromecast

I did the same thing.  Back to Slacker Radio for me.

Marked as solution

Be like me, vote with your feet. I will not rejoin Spotify until they put back the Playlist feature.

I SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR PREMIUM TO LISTEN TO IT IN MY SYSTEM THROUGH THE ROKU!!! BEEN PAYING FOR MONTHS FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVEN AVAILABLE???!!! **bleep**?!?! I have spent a RIDICULOUS amount of time making playlists!! SO MANY DAYS.. spent making them and am unable to use them. Hours of time wasted trying to get them to work on the Roku. All to find out that I haven't been able to use it since March???!!! DEMANDING MY MONEY BACK!!! GETTING RID OF SPOTIFY!!! **bleep** YOU SPOTIFY!!!

I SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR PREMIUM TO LISTEN TO IT IN MY SYSTEM THROUGH THE ROKU!!! BEEN PAYING FOR MONTHS FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVEN AVAILABLE???!!! **bleep**?!?! I have spent a RIDICULOUS amount of time making playlists!! SO MANY DAYS.. spent making them and am unable to use them. Hours of time wasted trying to get them to work on the Roku. All to find out that I haven't been able to use it since March???!!! DEMANDING MY MONEY BACK!!! GETTING RID OF SPOTIFY!!! **bleep** YOU SPOTIFY!!!

I just bought a TV with Roku and tried using Spotify. Thought it was weird I couldn't pull up playlists. Researched it a little and now see that this has been disabled since MARCH?! They haven't been able to fix this issue in 5 MONTHS?! Be better Spotify.

After months of investigation, I've finally cracked a workaround that works! (for me!!)

Firstly, go into ROKU SETTINGS/SYSTEM/SCREEN MIRRORING and make sure SCREEN MIRRORING MODE is set to ALWAYS ALLOW.

Go back to ROKU Home screen

Now hold down the WINDOWS and P keys on your keyboardThis should bring in the PROJECT window on the Right Hand side of your Laptop/PC screen.

Choose DUPLICATE then "CONNECT TO A WIRELESS DISPLAY" Hopefully your ROKU device will be listed. Be careful you don't choose your next door neighbour's TV as I did once!!

If your ROKU device is not listed on the right hand side, go into Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers.Right click on this Window and choose ADD A DEVICE. Hopefully your ROKU will appear. Then follow the instructions. Hopefully when you go back to the WINDOWS & 'P' key part your ROKU device will show. CHOOSE IT!

NOW COMES THE HARD PART!!!

First, make sure your SOUND DEVICE DRIVERS are up to date!!!

NOW TURN THE VOLUME DOWN ON YOUR TV/AMPLIFIER/SPOTIFY APP & COMPUTER SPEAKERS!!!!!!!!!

Press Start, type Sound into the search space and select same from the list.
    Select DIGITAL OUTPUT as the default playback device.
    Go to the "Recording" tab, right-click and enable "Show Disabled Devices"
    A recording device called "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" should appear.
    Right click on the new device and click "Enable"
    Right click on the new device and click "Set as Default Device"
    Double click on the new device to open the Properties window
    Go to the "Listen" tab
    Click on the "Listen to this device" checkbox

NOW choose a SPOTIFY track and press PLAY and CAREFULLY BRING UP THE VOLUME ON SPOTIFY and your TV/AMPLIFIER. Adjust volume VERY CAREFULLY to taste.

BEST OF LUCK

AS I say, this workaround worked for me. I'm no computer expert, so please don't bombard me with 'Troubleshooting' questions, because all I know is what I've written above.

Now, who's going to open a book on how long it will take the LAZY ARSES at SPOTIFY to put this right properly

O.T.

BTW Just read my last posting on my TV screen with SPOTIFY/BEATLES playing in the background.

IT WORKS!!

O..T.

I appreciate the response. However, I'm not very good with computers and that seems a little complicated. It would be easier to connect my computer to my tv via HDMI and just play it through the tv that way. I was hoping to just be able to use the Spotify app on the tv and not have to worry about my laptop or any of the extra steps :(. But like I said I appreciate the response/solution!

It's really sad that Spotify STILL has not come up with a better app for Roku. I was reading another thread and they have had a **bleep** app since 2014, but they said it was "Not right now" status!!! It's been 3 years long overdue, DO IT NOW. This is RIDICULOUS! Just make a better app! What Spotify has on Roku has now is garbage, extremely difficult and slow, and you can't even play your own playlists! Trash. 

I know it's been said, but I'm so drastically disappointed that Spotify hasn't fixed the playlist issue, after the guy at Best Buy said I could get it on my Roku, I'm going to amazon. F--- you, Spotify! I had two years' plus worth of collected music! 

if there is a way around it, that works still, please let me know. 

Suggested posts