Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlists to Roku

Solved!

Spotify Playlists to Roku

I spoke with Roku first to insure it was working correctly as I am not able to download my playlists onto my Roku for streaming to my TV. Roku is fine so they suggested it is a glitch with Spotify and to contact you about solving the problem. I have seen numerous complaints about this on Google so I know it is not isolated.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!
112 Replies

HOW MUCH LONGER SPOTI-**bleep**THECUSTOMER-FY!???!!! FIX THE PLATFORM OR I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION TO SPREAD A BOYCOTT OF YOUR COMPANY!!! YOU HAVE CONTINUED TO BLATANTLY SCREW YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

I have discovered that since I have a separate surround sound system, I can
just hook my phone up to that (via an adapter; it doesn't accept Bluetooth)
I can listen to Spotify playlists at home.

I do have to disconnect my aux cord from sound to phone, then back to TV,
but it could be worse.

Still activating an amazon music subscription. do

Seriously, you are going to be obsolete soon. There is many other devices that has handled this issue. Don't sit on your hands as your customers leave. GET IT FIXED, or I will cancel and go to another device that will give me what I was promised by Roku and by LG TV.

Face it, guys! SPOTIFY have made their minds up to do F*&^ All about this. They can't even be arsed to reply to their customers. F*£"!  'em! Go to Amazon or whomever. SPOTIFY are last year's flavour.

O.T.

Since Spotify has decided to screw Roku customers, I have decided to cancel my Spotify premium family account!  Moving to Amazon Music Unlimited!   Others need to cancel!

Ok Spotify...you better turn our playlist on also or you will be losing another customer, this is ridiculous that you sit there doing nothing until we complain?  REally!!!!????

deller17 is our account....get our Spotify working the way it should!!!!!

Yes i can use my phone to tv. but the point is i don't want to waste phone battery. What a useless app. 

Knock knock. who's there? not my playslists on Roku.

Come on Spotify, get your * together and make your app usable. No, I don't want to try another device. I've had Playstation and Amazon. I like Roku.

Marked as solution

Now pandora is offering on demand music FREE!!!! F--- paying Spotify. I'm gonna try out pandora for a minute and listen to my albums on surround sound - through my roku! 

Such awful decisions. The list of flaws with Spotify is growing. I’ve had a premium account for five years and always recommended Spotify over other services, but I can see now it is uicklynbecoming the dinosaur of streaming services. Time to start testing out the others, I guess...

Marked as solution

I've recently investigated the possibility of buying a PioneerN30ae streaming unit, "with Spotify facility". I contacted Pioneer UK to check this out. "Spotify have withdrawn their support for this  product"!!

Need I say more? Spotify is dead in the water. Time for Deezer, Amazon, Pandora etc to step up to the plate. Goodbye, Spotify.

O.T.

Marked as solution

i logged in just to like this comment thank you so much

For over 9 months I have not been able to play my playlist on Roku, hence surround sound off my amp. 

I love that I have been able to add and make playlists and be able to listen to them at a whim, but if this problem persists, I may look for a different app. 

Any recommendations for an app that is similiar to Spotify that is available on Roku?

DEEZER!!

There's no denying Spotify is the best app all round, but its owners have decided that it's only to be used via PCs, Macs, Tablets and  phones. Streaming to domestic Hi-Fi setups is not part of their plan. So, they have alienated a huge part of their potential audience, as well as antagonising many others by persisting with their difficult--to-manipulate GUI. They know they have the best (potential) system, but don't have the commercial sense to market (sell) it to the maximum number of customers.

DEEZER  DEEZER  DEEZER  DEEZER  DEEZER  DEEZER  DEEZER  DEEZER

O.T.

Marked as solution

But it is not available in USA.
Please let me know if I am mistaken.

No, not in USA. Where are you from and do you have Roku on your TV
applications?

Well, that’s really stupid. I came back to Spotify from Apple Music so I can play my playlists on our TV. I think I may have wasted my time.  Spotify needs to bring back playlists, or it’s back to Apple Music for me.

I have found that the spotify App on xbox one is the next best thing. If
ROKU could only get this figured out. I havent foynd anything that
comparws to spotify yet in my phone. I just cant, let, go!

what if u don't have a smart TV and one of the old rokus

Most of us have Smart TV's now, I have both and still Spotify does not want
to update their features. Seems like a hold out for money, but I'm losing
my patients and probably say, Bye, Bye to Spotify.

Suggested posts