Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Plugins and Marketplace

Spotify Plugins and Marketplace

Wnat to increase margins spotify, allow more 3rd party development.  Create a market place within app for 3rd party plugins and services ie lyrics, new user interface addons for music player, etc.  

Control the marketplace by closely vetting premium plugins for quality/security.  Collect 30% from developers.  

Your player is getting icreasingly long in the tooth and is barely usable.  Differentiate yourself from other music services and spawn innovation through community development and addon complimetary services such as bios, news and updates right in app via flipboard/magazine style UI.

Apple is increasingly trying to alienate or shut you down, diversity in content is how you can survive and win.

4 Replies

Hey @crosswire,

Good idea! You can post it in the Idea Submissions forum and it may be considered for future versions of the app.

Just be sure to check out the idea submission guidelines first.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah. I completely agree and I am a real life example. I googled for "Spotify App Marketplace" and landed here. Wow. You guys are missing a huge opportunity here to expand your product's lifetime by who knows how much. 

The suggestions above should be sought out by your exec staff and product people. Wake the **bleep** up and hire @crosswire for Growth.

Same here. Was trying to search for any great plugins for the Spotify app.

Underrated request.

Suggested posts