Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Family: Error Premium is needed

Solved!

Spotify Premium Family: Error Premium is needed

Hello,

our Yamaha N560-Receivers display an error message during connection from Spotify Premium Family, that we need Premium for connection. But we have Premium Family and it worked fine till last week.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just ran into the same problem. I think Spotify changed the API so some devices stopped working.

I have the older R-N500 and there was a firmware update from Yamaha (version 1.17 in my case) available that fixed it. Just search the settings menu on your receiver. You can start the update in the network settings over the internet or by going to the Yamaha website and download the update on a USB stick. For example these are the instructions for the R-N500. I guess they are similar for your device.

Kudos Yamaha for providing the update.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have the same problem with my Yamaha RX-A2040. Was fine last week and for last several years and then suddenly it is giving an error message that premium is needed even though I have always had premium.

This is really annoying as I can’t find a workaround and can’t use Spotify anymore 

Any help much appreciated 

Marked as solution

I just ran into the same problem. I think Spotify changed the API so some devices stopped working.

I have the older R-N500 and there was a firmware update from Yamaha (version 1.17 in my case) available that fixed it. Just search the settings menu on your receiver. You can start the update in the network settings over the internet or by going to the Yamaha website and download the update on a USB stick. For example these are the instructions for the R-N500. I guess they are similar for your device.

Kudos Yamaha for providing the update.

We did an update some weeks ago, so I didn't Think about that. 

But you're right, it works again.

Nice one.

worked fine for me too!

Thx a lot

A.P.

Suggested posts