Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PlayStation 3] "Sorry, there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later."

[PlayStation 3] "Sorry, there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later."

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(PlayStation 3

Operating System

(CellOS)

My Question or Issue

The PlayStation 3 version of Spotify has not been functional for nearly the last month. Attempting to open the app results in an error message stating the following:

"Sorry, there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later."

This issue prevents Spotify from working on the PlayStation 3. Many of us still use the system to listen to music through your streaming platform. Many others have also reported this issue on reddit as seen here. I myself have 2 PlayStation 3 systems, and both of these exhibit the same issue when trying to use the Spotify App. The app has also been reinstalled on both systems as well, and both are fully up to date with the latest version of the Spotify app, as well as the latest version of the PS3 system software.

I hope this issue will be resolved, I understand the PS3 is an aging platform but it is still the primary way many of us enjoy Spotify, I also found a similar issue occurred in 2020 and was also fixed so I hope this issue will eventually be addressed as well, and that Spotify will continue to function on the PlayStation 3 system. Thanks

knnp61c6cgbb1.jpg
Top Answer
Kiril

Hi all,

We would like to thank you for your posts here and for choosing Spotify for your listening needs on PlayStation 3. 

However, to ensure that Spotify offers the best experience on their supported platforms, the Spotify app on Playstation 3 has been discontinued. We appreciate you using Spotify on your PlayStation 3 and hope to see you via one of the other ways of accessing Spotify soon. 

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support or visit our Support site for more information.

Thank you for being Spotify users and valuable part of our Community!

36 Replies

I have the same problem.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and reports.

We're aware of the issue and it's being looked into.

We'll post back here as soon as we have more news to share.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Im having the same issue with my PS3 too.

IMG_20230807_210937_806.jpg

I just wanna play my music man🥲

I also have the same problem and wish that I won't have to buy a more up to date Play Station. Please find a solution soon I miss listening my music and I'm still paying for a service I don't get.

I have the same problem, 😕 please Spotify back playstation 3 server we need Spotify on ps3!! 

My first thought was that the app died and there will be no longer any support, but there's no announcement about it so I guess it's a technical issue, but yes, it's been almost a month and I  basically only use my PS3 for Netflix and Spotify, I hope there's a fix soon.

Yeah I've been having the same problem and it's really disappointing because the PS3 is my main way of using Spotify at home. Hope there's a resolution soon!

Still happening as of 8/17/2023

Do you have any feedback?
Thanks in advance.

Not yet!

The same problem occurs here, premium plan.

I've always used Spotify on PS3, now I get this same error.

Ps3 com mensagem Pedimos Desculpa parece que há um problema com a ligação

Me to on PS3 Spotify doesn't work since new update, my wife listens through surround sound while doing housework, hope its fixed soon we're paying money for nothing.

They shut down the servers they said it in there blog witch they also shut down Crunchyroll as well https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/important-notice/

Thank you for this information Oghomie1. Here is the Spotify specific information from the Sony post you linked for ease of reading to others who find this thread. I'm glad to see a bunch of folks still rockin' their PS3's and good luck to everyone finding an alternative.

As of July 7th, 2023 the Spotify app is not supported or available on PS3 consoles. You are still able to access Spotify content on PS5 consoles and PS4 consoles, as well as any other supported devices for Spotify.

It's a shame tbh I use my PS3 a lot for streaming service but now I think it's time I go to PS4 😭😞

I use spotify on ps3 linked with my Android cellphone and it works well though this stupid error message is still on screen. I control it with my phone. The ps4 doesn't have analog audio output. My ps3 is connected to a Yamaha stereo amplifier with rca...

I got the same problem too, hope it gets fixed soon

Suggested posts