Spotify Ps3 app won't open

appelnoet
Regular
I have downloaded the spotify app on my Ps3, and after it had downloaded i opened it, all i got was a black screen and a sort of loading dots in the bottom right corner. Then after a few seconds it closed itself. I have tried turning my Ps3 on and off and deleting and Downloading again. I didnt see any login screen or anything, just the black.
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Burntsoul
Casual Listener

Hey,

I have found a solution for the broblem.

Spotify seems to fail to load if user has not set a [system name] for ps3 system in [system settings]. Mine ps3 had blank field over system name and Spotify app failed to load, there was only those 3 dots for a while before returning to XMB.

Spotify connect uses [system name] to differentiate between each system, so its quite obivous that Spotify wont load if that field is empty.

Spotify devs should add a test on load which displays an error if system name is not set. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

pawelf1
Casual Listener
disable autologin to psn, after ps3 boot open spotify

Solution!

home_22_user
Regular

Will try it when i cet back home   8-)

Solution!

Nino123123
Casual Listener

Yes logging off from ps network helped me and now the problem seems to be gone even i have the autologin on. Dont need to log off anymore.

54 Replies

appelnoet
Regular
Someone please help me

legendaryboss20

I looked it up EVERYWHERE on the internet and I couldn't find anything, don't worry, you will get your answer in at least 15 hours.

appelnoet
Regular
Thanks, thats very kind

pluu
Regular

Is your PS3 one of the old FAT models? My new PS3 works fine, but my old FAT one loads three grey dots on the bottom right corner. Then the screen is black for a while and then it slowly loads Spotify logo.

Weird thing is that Spotify "kinda" works. I can use "Spotify Connect" from my Xperia smartphone to create a link to my PS3 and playback songs via my phone. I can control Spotify with my phone but not with my PS3. No information can be seen on my TV.

I hope this is fixed with an update, Thats all I could learn from this issue. -K

appelnoet
Regular
Its a kinda New one, slim 250 Gb. So not the fat one.
My screen is only black with the three dots, nothing else, no spotify logo or anything. Then it just quitd itself.

It would be great if the spotify service even tried to help, even if its just because im a loyal paying premium member.

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi guys,

Are you behind a Proxy or VPN? Does it help when you remove the app and reinstall it from the store?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

appelnoet
Regular
No proxy or vpn, installed it again and even reset the system. I have tried reinstalling from the xmb and the store but neither did work.

pluu
Regular
No proxy, no VPN. It is console specific problem. I've got two consoles connected to the same network and other one works fine. Tried installing from the store and thru XMB, no dice. Has anyone tried to reset their console back to factory settings?

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @pluu and @appelnoet 

Could you send me your external IP and when this happens? Either here or by PM.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

James
Spotify
Spotify

Hey guys,

Just to follow up - is the PlayStation app still crashing for you? If so, can you let us know your external IP and a date/ time of when this happens? We'll investigate. 

Thanks! 

pluu
Regular

Problem still exists. My external IP is 85.76.169.99 and last attemp is  9.4.2015 8.50am, 10.00am and 10.05am CEST.  As I said earlier I think it is not a network related problem. I have two PS3 connected to same wi-fi and other one works properly, other one don't.

appelnoet
Regular
Hallo, it indeed still does not work.
I have even tried Another dns and stuff but it seems like its not a netwerk related issue. I just tried it on 17:00 and it just opened and closed with just the 3 loading dots showing for about 4 seconds.

appelnoet
Regular
IP = 192.168.2.5

appelnoet
Regular
17:00 gmt+1 that is, Amsterdam

SandyRavage
Casual Listener
To whom it may or may not concern,

Has this issue been fixed? I am experiencing this exact same problem. I did some digging and it doesn't take long to see that this issue is apparent. This thread is the only place I've read that relates to my issues precisely.... Sadly, my attention span does not span far enough for me to even attempt to follow up and resolve these issues. With that said, I would like to leave on a good note. Unfortunately I think I had too high of expectations for spotify.

pluu
Regular
No, promblem is not solved. Still the same dots and Spotify logo. I tried to re-install the app, but no help there.

Pricilla
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We're currently investigating this issue, and working to get this sorted as quickly as possible.

We'll keep you updated right here as this progresses.

appelnoet
Regular
Nice! And yes it still does not work

tonyalvarado96
The same thing happened to me today
SUGGESTED POSTS