Spotify Ps3 app won't open

appelnoet
Regular
I have downloaded the spotify app on my Ps3, and after it had downloaded i opened it, all i got was a black screen and a sort of loading dots in the bottom right corner. Then after a few seconds it closed itself. I have tried turning my Ps3 on and off and deleting and Downloading again. I didnt see any login screen or anything, just the black.
54 Replies

PJS050
Casual Listener
Hi,

I'm still experiencing this problem. Have tried to change the system name, but no result. Since there was no activity on this topic in the last two weeks, I hope that Spotify is still investigating this problem.

user-removed
Not applicable
I was able to get it to work after signing out of all devices from my account overview. Started right up after I did that. I think what happened was while I was listening on my PS3 I accidentally clicked the shortcut on my PC and it was confused after that some how.

citizen
Still experiencing the problem, hopefully an update soon?

Rachaelt
This has been happening to me for over 2 weeks now, I don't pay so not too bad but still rather annoying! I have my DNS set up so I can watch American Netflix in the UK could this be causing a problem? I'm sure I have used it whilst the DNS has been changed but just to make sure

thatsonate
thanks it worked 🙂

kayla2015
I am having problems with my ps3 spotify app... I downloaded it and it worked for the longest time and all the sudden it will not work..now when I try opening spotify it says can not connect to Playstation network and the bottom of screen and I have tried everything... tried deleting app and re-downloading it nothing works help me

Nino123123
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. It came right after new Sony Xperia came. I could even once control the ps3 spotify with my Xperia after few sign in attemps, but now i have tried more than 50 times at still can't login.

Nino123123
Casual Listener

ok and mine was fixed by restarting adsl modem.

pawelf1
Casual Listener

my solution is to disable autologin to PSN and then when spotify is starting it logs in and it works, if i am already sign in in PSN i have error

Nino123123
Casual Listener

Yea. I have to log out from psn every time i try to open soptify.

home_22_user
Regular

Hi Spotify

I have now - for a long time - been unable to acces Spotify through my PS3.

It just gives the errormessage (i think it is  "error connecting")

I can see there is at lot of different solution possibillities...(change time, summertime etc.) Have tried these, but they do not work

Please guide me to a solution

Best regards

Michael

Solution!

pawelf1
Casual Listener
disable autologin to psn, after ps3 boot open spotify

Solution!

home_22_user
Regular

Will try it when i cet back home   8-)

Solution!

Nino123123
Casual Listener

Yes logging off from ps network helped me and now the problem seems to be gone even i have the autologin on. Dont need to log off anymore.

home_22_user
Regular
It works...thx

But there is a bigger issue here. It's "bad coding" if we have to logout out of psn just to get spotify to run. ..cause it worked earlier
SUGGESTED POSTS