Spotify Ps3 app won't open

appelnoet
Regular
I have downloaded the spotify app on my Ps3, and after it had downloaded i opened it, all i got was a black screen and a sort of loading dots in the bottom right corner. Then after a few seconds it closed itself. I have tried turning my Ps3 on and off and deleting and Downloading again. I didnt see any login screen or anything, just the black.
54 Replies

Teresa
Roadie

Hey guys,

If the PlayStation app is still crashing for you, please let us know your external IP and a date/ time of when this happens.

We'll keep you posted. Thanks!

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

pluu
Regular
Hi, only difference is that now Spotify logo and text loads almost immediately, but after that nothing happens. Tried reinstalling the app. My IP is not static.

P2ouble77
Casual Listener
I get the same problem... Did u ever get your to work

P2ouble77
Casual Listener
Just fixed my problem with the black screen and 3 loading dots..... All I did was changed the date and time via Internet and day light savings time ... And now it's working for the first time

appelnoet
Regular
What time or date did you set it to? I tried different things but none worked..
Solution!

Burntsoul
Casual Listener

Hey,

I have found a solution for the broblem.

Spotify seems to fail to load if user has not set a [system name] for ps3 system in [system settings]. Mine ps3 had blank field over system name and Spotify app failed to load, there was only those 3 dots for a while before returning to XMB.

Spotify connect uses [system name] to differentiate between each system, so its quite obivous that Spotify wont load if that field is empty.

Spotify devs should add a test on load which displays an error if system name is not set. 

appelnoet
Regular
Thanks a lot man! I have spent a lot of time trying to solve the problem and this works for me, i hope the devs read this.

pluu
Regular
Nope, that is not a solution for me. Still a three loading dots and a spotify logo. Had my system named from a start. This is starting to be a bit of an annoying..

pluu
Regular
Just to be clear, does anyone get the past three loading dots to the Spotify logo? My app does not crash, it hasnt crashed once from the day one, all it does after three dots it loads that darn logo and text 'Spotify'.

Burntsoul
Casual Listener

HI, 
It seems that here is more than one different broblem.

I think that when Spotify logo displays there should be quite a lot network activity going on. Do you have a smartphone with wifi hotspot function? If so, you could connect you ps3 to completely different network and provider using your wifi hotspot. If the problem persists even with different network, you could rule out the problem with your network.

Best luck to you!

pluu
Regular
It is ruled out, since my other PS3 works fine in the same network. I use 4g wlan router as my main gateway.

Burntsoul
Casual Listener

I remember that when I changed [system name] for my system at first, Spotify failed to load and complained about PSN error and stopped to Spotify logo. I rebooted the system and tried again -> it worked.

But, could the broblem be with multiple ps3 clients under same PSN account..?

Does there flash some kind of PSN error at the corner of the screen during or before Spotify logo appears?
And does your systems happen to share same PSN account?

pluu
Regular
It has complained psn error maybe once but not every time, so I don't think that is it. Yes, there is two ps3 systems under one account, but..this faulty ps3 is the one I tried to get to work at first. My secondary ps3 worked like a crarm from day 1, under same account.

Pricilla
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @pluu,

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue.

Just so we can investigate further, can you confirm the exact model of the PS3 this is happening on?

Thanks!

pluu
Regular
Exact model is cechc04.

SandyRavage
Casual Listener
The model number on my PS3 reads CECH-2501A

Teresa
Roadie

Thanks, guys. We've passed that info to the right team. We'll keep you posted when we get new updates!

Cheers,

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

yhcnils
Casual Listener
I Had systemname with a "-" changed it to an underscore. Problem solved

yhcnils
Casual Listener
Then again not solved. Restarted the ps3 and the app did not start again 😞

PJS050
Casual Listener

SUGGESTED POSTS