Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Support Squeezebox soon be removed?

Solved!

Spotify Support Squeezebox soon be removed?

I receive an e-mail from Spotify that the support will soon be removed from the Squeezebox speaker. I have a Squeezebox Touch music player, it applies to the player too?

Spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Got this message from Spotify too and were ready to drop my Spotify account  - however I mainly use the Logitech Media Server to control all my Logitech devices via mobile apps both at Android, IOS devices and Windows. Since Logitech dropped the Squeezebox devices from thier product list - the Logitech Media server software  is still developed and supported and I was glad to see that a new plugin called Spotty were devloped to continue to support Spotify when using the Logitech Media Server.

If you have several squeezebox/Logitech devices or for some reason just want to continue to use your current Logitech device, it's possible to install the Logitech Media Server and use a software plugin called Spotty - then you can continue to play your music from Spotify on you Logitech devices and other devices.

This might not work for you since you will have to install software on a PC, MAC, Rasberry Pi (mini pc), or a NAS server and you will need to have the software running to continue playing Spotify on your Logitech device. This solution demand some interest reading up on how to set up a Logitech Media Server and install software on a pc/NAS. However, there is a lot of guides at internet and youtube on how to use/install Logitech Media Server software.

Since nobody mentioned this solution - it might be worth to consider for some people.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Seconding this question - first the removal of echnest - now this. 

Use Our App or don't use anything. 

For me it's off to Deezer. 

Why!

this is stupid. They will only gain badwill of this.

And lose som coustomers.

Martin

I think it applies to ALL Logitech Squeezebox devices .. Think the non-squeezebox UE Radio is as well... 

I think is for all the Squeezebox. As of today, the Spotify app stop working at my Logitech Squeezebox Touch Device.

For me its godbye Spotify Hello Tidal.

Martin

hallo,

Ich bin bislang Premium Kunde gewesen, eben weil ich auch die Squeezebox habe. Soll das das Ende bedeuten ? Alle deutsche Seiten preisen, dass eine Verbindung hergestellt werden Kann !!??

Goodbye Spotify Hello Tidal.

Martin
Marked as solution

Got this message from Spotify too and were ready to drop my Spotify account  - however I mainly use the Logitech Media Server to control all my Logitech devices via mobile apps both at Android, IOS devices and Windows. Since Logitech dropped the Squeezebox devices from thier product list - the Logitech Media server software  is still developed and supported and I was glad to see that a new plugin called Spotty were devloped to continue to support Spotify when using the Logitech Media Server.

If you have several squeezebox/Logitech devices or for some reason just want to continue to use your current Logitech device, it's possible to install the Logitech Media Server and use a software plugin called Spotty - then you can continue to play your music from Spotify on you Logitech devices and other devices.

This might not work for you since you will have to install software on a PC, MAC, Rasberry Pi (mini pc), or a NAS server and you will need to have the software running to continue playing Spotify on your Logitech device. This solution demand some interest reading up on how to set up a Logitech Media Server and install software on a pc/NAS. However, there is a lot of guides at internet and youtube on how to use/install Logitech Media Server software.

Since nobody mentioned this solution - it might be worth to consider for some people.

Yes Gramofon 😕 what a 'great alternative'. Providing services for a dormant but still large user base platform like Squeezebox can hardly take any effort to support. I don't think Spotiy realises how many people are still using Squeezebox. 

Suggested posts