Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify TV apps: home page not working anymore

Solved!

Spotify TV apps: home page not working anymore

Hello team, for a couple of weeks now, the Spotify home page of all my TV Spotify Apps is not working. I am facing this across the following Spotify Apps platforms:  TV, Samsung TV, Amazon Fire TV.

FYI my iOS and Desktop app works fine.

While I can still browse my library and search for music, the homepage displays an error or a blank screen.

Being talking with Spotify's support on twitter, and their only solution is to create a new Spotify account... which seems crazy to me.

There is totally something happening with my account, since logging in with Spotify's test accounts works fine.

Feel trapped 😞

IMG_1231.jpg
IMG_1235.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @yoonnel

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're afraid we don't have info about this as we couldn't replicate it and we haven't seen any other similar reports.

We're glad to know it was sorted out. If you ever need anything else, we're just a post away. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @yoonnel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the problem go resolved using a one of the test accounts our Customer Support team provided, this would indeed indicate an issue with the account itself. The fact that we haven't seen any similar reports on the Community recently also points in that direction. We understand how this can cause some inconvenience, but you can create a new account here and use this guide to transfer your music collection.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you @Mihail for getting back to me.

The answer I am getting is quite confusing and disappointing. Because of a bug on Spotify's side, I have to create (again) a new account and give away all the training I've been giving to the algorithme to understand my tastes in music and podcast, ask all of my friends, to follow me again on a new account.

Won't it be more customer centric to take care of the issue? It this is happening to me, don't you think there a chance to be happening to others?

Me again, tried again, and the home page is now back to normal!

Is it fare to suspect that a content suggestion displayed on the home page generated the error? And that having a different content selection today, "solved" the problem?

Very strange.

Marked as solution

Hey @yoonnel

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're afraid we don't have info about this as we couldn't replicate it and we haven't seen any other similar reports.

We're glad to know it was sorted out. If you ever need anything else, we're just a post away. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts