Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify WP Windows 10 App, loading overlay

Solved!

Spotify WP Windows 10 App, loading overlay

Hey! I have trouble to listen to Spotify on my Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone. Everytime I open the app and try to stream a song, it says "loading", 3 dotts appear and nothing happens. Or the song I can finally chose (after 3 "loading" screens) plays for about 7 seconds before it stops. Very scarcely it works like it is supposed to. It's a shame, it doesn't just work normally and I couldnt't find a solution to this anywhere. I tried reinstalling the app, rebooting and everything I could think of. It is also not a problem of my provider, as it worked just fine on my Iphone and as a windows app on my Surface. When I switch to flight mode, I can listen to the music I downloaded without a problem, so it must have to do with the streaming. It doesn't make a difference though whether I'm in a wireless net or using my mobile data. If anyone could help me regain the life quality from just listening to music while I'm on my way somewhere that would be awesome. Also I could finally stop hating my windows phone for this. So thank you for your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, here is a solution to my fellow sufferers. After directly contacting the spotify I recieved a very fast and friendly diagnosis to my problem. The local cache on my phone was disconnected to the app, which caused the loading overlay. I tried to clear the cache (you do that on the spotify website by resetting all offline devices). This didnt work, so spotify opened a totally new account for me and transfered the details to it. Now it works fine and finally I can use the app properly. For everyone in doubt if this could apply to your problem: Ask a friend, if he can log in to spotify on your phone using his account. If it works fine with the other account, this is likely the right solution for you. Its really helpful contacting the support directly. Just be clear about your problem and what you have tried so far and of course be nice 😉

View solution in original post

3 Replies

It is hapenning also on Lumia 640. After restarting my device the Spotify worked until I closed app and opened it again.

So now what I can hear is 1sec of song and the playback stops. The loading screen shows after it.

Please see the screens. Let me know if you need something more.
wp_ss_20161218_0001.png
wp_ss_20161218_0002.png
wp_ss_20161218_0003.png

I have the same problem on my Nokia Lumia 930. I tried to reinstal app, restart phone and update software. It doesn't help.

Marked as solution

Okay, here is a solution to my fellow sufferers. After directly contacting the spotify I recieved a very fast and friendly diagnosis to my problem. The local cache on my phone was disconnected to the app, which caused the loading overlay. I tried to clear the cache (you do that on the spotify website by resetting all offline devices). This didnt work, so spotify opened a totally new account for me and transfered the details to it. Now it works fine and finally I can use the app properly. For everyone in doubt if this could apply to your problem: Ask a friend, if he can log in to spotify on your phone using his account. If it works fine with the other account, this is likely the right solution for you. Its really helpful contacting the support directly. Just be clear about your problem and what you have tried so far and of course be nice 😉

Suggested posts