Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Wear OS: Go Offline

Spotify Wear OS: Go Offline

Hi, I noticed that the battery drain in Wear OS is pretty extreme. I am pretty sure that a lot has to do with the app constantly streaming it's playback progress to all devices. This gets even more apparent on devices with LTE. As LTE already consumes a lot of battery, Spotify should not use it for such a feature. So please, give the user the opportunity to save valuable battery life by adding "Go Offline" to Wear OS!

5 Replies

Hi @1130091277,

Thanks for your Idea submission.

You can download music and podcasts on your Wear OS powered watch. More info can be found here.

Hope this info helps ๐Ÿ™‚

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It seems like the Tizen OS version has an "Offline Mode". So it certainly is possible for Wear OS as well

Hi @Alex, I am sorry, but your proposed solution has nothing to do with this. I know that there is a possibility to download songs for offline usage. But the Wear OS App stays connected to the Spotify servers to sync playback progress if possible. That is also true for downloaded songs. This leads to an increased battery consumption. Hence my suggestion for an "Offline Mode" which is available in the Android/PC App (also named "Offline Mode").

Hi @1130091277,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the previous confusion.

Certainly, at the moment Wear OS watches don't have an offline feature that allows it to disable the Connect feature. In this case, we recommend searching in our Ideas board to see if someone else has already suggested that so you can add your vote. If there aren't any ideas about it, you can add your own so others can vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just switched from Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch to Samsung Galaxy Active 4 watch with Wear OS, and now I cannot go for a longer (10+ km) run anymore with music since the battery will drain on streaming over LTE even if I have downloaded the playlist to the watch!

With the Active 2 watch I could choose "Go Offline" and it would save a lot of battery.

Pretty please add the Go Offline button from earlier versions to the new Wear OS Spotify app!

Suggested posts