Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player Won't Play Anything in Chrome

Spotify Web Player Won't Play Anything in Chrome

Hi there,

I've been having this issue for over a month now where nothing will play on the web player. I get logged in, push play on a song, and then.. nothing. Skips every song after that and then the screen eventually dulls out back to the loading screen. So I refresh and the same issues. I log out and try again - same issues. I have reopened my browser and tried again - same issues. I've cleared the cache and browsing history several times - same issues. I have tried everything that I've read on these threads, but nothing is working. I need my music to play while I'm at work!

Please help.

*As of May 3rd, 2017, there still hasn't been a valid solution for this issue.

31 Replies

Thank you! It seems dumb to require this work around, but it worked.

I've had the exact same problem with web player and it won't work either. you see what is happening for me is the play button you see when you put your mouse over a song or a playlist track is supposed to play the song(s) you tell it to play and turn to a pause button, but when I click it, it acts like nothing ever happened to the button. It doesn't play the music or turn int a pause button or even try to make the music monitor thing at the bottom register that I'm trying to play a song. I think the button is broke but I'm not sure. Can someone help? I've tried everything in the troubleshooting thing and it didn't work.

I can't even access the music on Spotify through my web browser. It keeps just sending me to this page that tells me to go into my Chrome settings and click a box to allow protected content. Protected content has always been allowed on my browser and it's just not working. Anyway to actually use Spotify on a browser? Or is it just a mobile service now?

I am having the same issue @Minecraftstar11. This has to be recent, because it was working for me a couple days ago, i just thought my internet was down.

THANK YOU!!

I had the same problem using Firefox on my laptop. My iPod Touch and Dell Venue tablet worked just fine. One hour on "Chat" with Spotify didn't help. But you did!

So my 4-5 days of frustration just came to an end.

Hope others with this same issue are helped by your fix.

I use Slimjet as a browser based on Chrome. I can not hear Spotify Web Player music in it. In Google Chrome yes , also Edge. I have seen all the specifications of both browsers including the add-ons and they are the same. I see here that the problem is, what I notice is that the videline complements the version is older in slimjet than in Google Chrome, but this makes me think that this is happening, before there were no problems, the latest version note this.

Im having the same problem as you.......somebody help

Same problem.  I've tried all the options above and it's not working.  Very frustrating.  I get a red logo box that comes down when I hit play that says "Oops, looks like something went wrong." with a "reload" button.  I hit the button and nothing.

I've had this same issue twice now. The first time it accidentally resolved just by fiddling with the android spotify. The second time I didn't have it installed in my phone anymore so I contacted a friend who recently had the same issue. The solution was to go to facebook web page -> [apps and websites] and remove spotify from accessing facebook... or something like that. Then I restarted chromium and suddenly everything works.

My Spotify won't play in Chrome either.  I am thinking about canceling my subscription.

This is the only thing that fixed it.  Thank you so much!

I even tried telling spotify "log me out of all devices" and it still wouldn't play.

Spotify, get it together!!!

Thanks a bunch @jgreenhill !!! 
IF YOU CANNOT PLAY A SONG ON YOUR SPOTIFY WEB PLAYER : 
Clicking on any song title won't do anything, but the platform displays like normal, and you can navigate, search and etc, but songs just won't play

1. Open the spotify app on your cellphone (make sure that you are connected online on your computer to the same account :cellphone/chrome)
2. Click on the settings icon
3. Under settings, select : 'connect to a device'
4. Click on 'listen to your computer' - your computer should be listed there as an available device (under chrome web browser for instance)
5. On your phone, then go to any playlist 'ex. discover weekly', and then click on any song, and then click on 'devices available', and select 'play on your computer' 
6. The selected song will play from your web browser, and now you can control which song you click on from your computer, switch playlists, play a new song, and etc
This resolved the issue, I am now able to click on any other songs on my web player, or can use my cellphone as a 'remote control' and everything I select will be played on the computer.

I can also close the Spotify app on my cellphone (select clear all on Android phone), and this won't interrupt the song playing on my computer

Suggested posts