Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player is messed up!! (This browser doesn't support Spotify web player, etc.)

Spotify Web Player is messed up!! (This browser doesn't support Spotify web player, etc.)

Plan

Premium/Family Plan

Country

United States

Device

HP Chromebook 14 G4

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Recently, my school's Chromebook's motherboard was replaced as well as the headphone jack, the speakers, and the keyboard. Before this, like everyone else at my school, I could browse and listen to Spotify on the web player. Now, however, every time I open up Spotify Web Player I get an error message stating "This browser doesn't support Spotify Web Player. Switch browsers or download Spotify for your desktop." (I can't do either of these). I also get the option to browse. When I click the "View on Spotify" button, it opens a new tab that says "Sorry, couldn't find that." I need a fix to this as I don't have any other device to listen to music except my record player. (With a very limited range of music might I add). I have tried everything to fix this (except deleting cookies and history as my school does not allow this) I need help soon. 

Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 1.55.17 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @Etaliste! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried to use a different browser to see if that happens there too?

Is your Google Chrome running the latest version? This might cause the issue with the unsupported version. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts