Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Let Me Edit My Playlists

Solved!

Spotify Won't Let Me Edit My Playlists

I am not sure if adding a playlist picture is part of premium or not, but regardless I can not access any editing for my playlist. I have deleted all spotify files and updated/restarted my computer multiple times. What is going on?

Annotation 2020-05-11 095621.png
Annotation 2020-05-11 095604.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @peachypenny,

It looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Keep well, 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @peachypenny,

It looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Keep well, 

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For some reason, today I realized that I cannot change or add anything to the titles and descriptions of my playlists. I tried both in the web browser (where nothing happens) and app version (that says in red "failed to save list changes. Please try again") on Windows 10. Solutions?

Hey there @aderhim,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if the same happens using a different internet connection?

On another note, we suggest that you check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.

Lastly, we'd recommend you try clearing your host files on your PC following these steps. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for your suggestions but nothing seem to work. Also, I tried with my partner's Spotify account using the same devices and internet connection and everything was fine, so it must be related to my specific account. Any ideas?

Hi there @aderhim,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know if this occurs with one specific playlist or multiple playlists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, I can confirm that it still happens to all my playlists with this username, throughout all devices and all IPs.

Hey there @aderhim

Thanks for letting us know. 

Based on what you mentioned, the issue seems to be account related. In this case, you can create a new account here and check if it works as expected with the new account. 

If so, you can transfer your content to the new account by following the steps in this article to keep your favorite music and playlists always with you. If you have an active subscription currently, make sure to cancel it first and then you can re-subscribe on the new account.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am having the same issue but It just started, I’m not sure why but I don’t think it’s a test. If so, when will it end? All I want to do is add a description and photos to my playlists on Spotify. Why is this happening now? Before a few day sago, I was fully able to add pictures and descriptions to my playlists I create. Now all I can do is rename. I don’t have premium but this is just weird. Any help please would be appreciated! 

Hey @Lola0,

Thanks for letting us know!
If you're trying to add a description or change a playlist photo, please make sure you're not doing it from the Web Player, as these functionalities are not available there 🙂
This should work without any issue from the desktop app, so we'd advise testing if this works first.

Let us know if further assistance is required.
Cheers! 

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts