Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app does not recognize my Vizio Sound Bar with Google cast

Spotify app does not recognize my Vizio Sound Bar with Google cast

I just purchased a Vizio sound bar with Google cast. I also have a chromecast audio device. The app will recognize the chromecast audio device alone but not the sound bar. The only time it will play through the soundbar, is when I turn on the group that includes both the Chromcast audio puck and the sound bar together. I do not want to have to use bluetooth. I am using an Iphone 6s plus.

4 Replies

A bunch of people have been having this issue (including me) for two months now. It's not clear whether the problem is with Vizio or Spotify, but what IS clear is that neither of these companies are doing anything to fix it.

Here's the other thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Vizio-Soundbar-Issue-Google-Cast-Directly-from-Spot...

That is unfortunate as that is one of the reasons I left Apple music. Hopefully this will be resolve soon.

Not sure if it was the OS10 upgrade but this issue seems to have been resolved. It works great now.

Over the past two months I have had the opposite issue. I can play both independently, but when grouped the Vizio has no sound.

Suggested posts