Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app stopped working on my galaxy watch active 2 with it last update (Tizen 5.5.0.1)

Spotify app stopped working on my galaxy watch active 2 with it last update (Tizen 5.5.0.1)

Plan

Premium

Devices

Galaxy watch active 2

Operating System

Tizen 5.5.0.1

My Question or Issue

The spotify app on my galaxy watch active 2 was working perfect until the last update of the weareble OS (Tizen 5.5.0.1), then it's stopped working. It loads forever and don't opens the app. It's impossible to use it and listen to my music. At this moment the spotify app is in version 2.3.18.

I loved the galaxy watch because I could connect to my premium spotify and listen to my playlist offline while running, without having my cellphone around. This problem may cause me to stop using spotify, as others players are still functioning perfect in the galaxy watch active 2.

I hope you guys can solve this as soon as possible. 

5 Replies

Hey @newbru 

Currently, there is an ongoing issue with the update to the galaxy watch. Spotify has been made aware and it is under investigation. Here is the link to where you can keep an eye on the progress.

All the best!

Keanu_C

1. Same problem here. Bought this watch specifically to go on runs without my phone. Disappointing.

Stop using Sp, Run with the app on G-watch, The only problem is that you can not change albums! Works much better .. One more thing I have learned is to restart the phone. Then Sp goes well for a while but .. 😞

Also having the same issue very frustrating because I bought the watch for this reason to listen to music on it while running without a cell and now is effectively useless.

Hey @DsanghA2

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it. In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts