Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cannot play music on my computer

Spotify cannot play music on my computer

Hi!  I just downloaded the Spotify app onto my computer.  I had previously had it on my old laptop, so I had already had an account.  When I try to play music, however, it comes up with an error message that says "There is a problem with your sound card. Spotify can't play music."  This is the error message when I downloaded the app onto my laptop.

When I tried using Spotify directly from the app on Windows 8, it said that the music could not be played because my account was already being used somewhere else.  I don't know where else I would be logged in, and if it's talking about my old laptop it broke a year ago so it's not longer usable.

Does anyone know what I should do?  My friends can play my playlists on their Spotify accounts, so it's just my account that's the problem.  Or is it my computer?  I don't know.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

7 Replies

Update: I just tried it on my old computer and it works so the problem must be on my computer. What should I do?

Hello @erigolu, welcome to the community!

Have you tried the steps in this post? This is to run Spotify as an administrator. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I did try the suggestions in this post but even when I run Spotify as an administrator it still says there is a problem with my sound card. 😞

@erigolu Are you able play from the web player here?

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Yes it works on the web player!  So if I need to I guess I could just use that?  I still don't know why it wouldn't work on the app though. 😕

@erigolu That is weird 😕 Have you tried the steps in this post? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Hi there and welcome to the Spotify Community.

You can try the option to sign out everywhere. It is on the Spotify site. If you need any details, feel free to ask.
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Suggested posts