Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify channel on Roku Stuck loading.

Spotify channel on Roku Stuck loading.

The Spotify channel on my Roku player is having issues. It will not load searches, playlists, or play tracks unless you exit the channel and reboot the Roku from the home screen. Every other channel works so I know it is not my connection or the device. I have tried reinstalling the channel and still have the same issue.
38 Replies

Hey @jl2414,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community for help!

Could you check if you got any firmware updated available for your Roku? Also, can you check if the same thing happens using a different internet connection?

Keep us posted,

Same thing happens to me.  I restart Roku Ultra and it's fine.  Now the audio is something else.  Sounds like it's coming out of a pipe...

Hey @VARTV, thanks for your reply!

Could you check if the issue persists using a different internet connection and check the device's firmware is up to date?

Hey @jl2414, we haven't heard from you in a while. Is this still happening?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Our Roku Ultra is connected via ethernet.  I try to avoid Wi-Fi as much as possible.  Both the Spotify app and Roku software/firmware are running the latest available versions.  I currently don't use the app enough to see if it's an ongoing thing.  I just know last week when I tried it for the first time on the new Roku, I had restarted the Roku for the Spotify app to stop hanging on "loading."

I just started up the Spotify "channel" again... no issues with hanging AND the audio is now fine!

Spoke too soon!  Exited the app and then restarted it.  I didn't play anything the second time around but I tapped the "*" button on the remote while "Now Playing" was highlighted.  I was checking to see if repeat all and shuffle all were checked on.  They were.  As soon as I then pressed OK while "Now Playing" was highlighted, the app is stuck on "Loading."  I exited the app again... started up a new app... closed that app and restarted Spotify once again.  No problems!

Awesome @VARTV!

Let us know if everything is working now and we'll marked the post as closed. 

Keep us updated 🙂

Having similar issues as described above. Have a Roku 2 XS now running the latest software version 7.5.

If I exit the channel and later re-lauch, it is either stuck on "reloading,"  or playlists disappear, or playlists are available; but thumnail album art is blank and no music plays.  Search is also non-functional when this happens. The only way to get the channel to work is to reboot the Roku. This has been going on for perhaps a month now.

When I get my new AV receiver put in I'll be able to check again...

I'm having the same issue.  Only way to resolve it is to reboot the Roku, restarting just the app doesn't fix.

If I add songs a play list and go back into playlist to play a new song it just hangs, and I need to reboot device.

Hey @kenm

Just to check - did this issue start happening after a specific update/event? Were you able to add songs and playlists without any issues? 

@VARTV, we'll be right here waiting to your reply 🙂 

The issue seems to have started after Roku updated system software to version 7.2 earlier in the year.  My Roku is now updated to version 7.5, which is the current release version.  I think your channel app needs updating.

Will update and use tomorrow (28-Nov-2016) when our new AV receiver comes in...

Thanks for that info @brucello

Just to check - have you tried getting in touch with Roku? If not, can you give it a shot and asking what might've happened? That'd be super helpful. 

@VARTV, hope it goes well 🙂 

Well... Our new AV receiver has Spotify Connect.  That will now be the go-to source for Spotify, no longer the Roku units (Roku 4 and Roku Ultra)...

@VARTV, thanks for letting us know that. We hope that you enjoy your new AV receiver 🙂 

@brucello, can you try restarting your WiFi router to see if this makes a difference? 

Keep us posted. 

I have not tried mine lately.  I've been too busy, however I am reading the posts.

Ken

Bought a new roku premiere plus, and can't load my playlist it just keeps going without loading anything

Having the same issues. I have 3 roku1s and a roku2. All constantly make me reboot after listening for a while and after I attempt to change songs. Currently, my playlist screen is stuck it at "Loading" after a reboot but i'm able play just fine from "What's New" or "Top Tracks" screen. I'll leave it to a different post/review to discuss how annoying it is to only be able to play my playlists or use search. Spotify on my phone == awesome ; Spotify on Roku == Bad.

Probably something to do with changes in Spotify server, no longer receiving the Roku app service requests. Spotify you need to escalate this, probably have build a new & more efficient app for altogether, current design is years old.

Suggested posts