Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify coming to Yamaha A/V receivers anytime soon?

Spotify coming to Yamaha A/V receivers anytime soon?

The only thing that stops me from buying a Yamaha A/V receiver is the lack of Spotify integration, which is present on Onkyo receivers. Is this feature coming in 2012 Yamaha models or will Onkyo have all the fun for the time being?
61 Replies

In the german hifi-forum someone have ask the Yamaha Support. He got the answer that the spotify firmware update will be released in the beginning of december.

I contacted Yamaha UK support and they don't know when the update will be released. They promised to email me when they get any information about the update.

I have searched other forums and it seems that the update was scheduled for mid November, but was delayed.

I just got an answer from Yamaha Finland that the firmware update for R-N500 receiver is about to become available during January... Maybe it comes maybe not 😕

Dear friends, I have a Yamaha receiver Model RX 867 is compatible?
This model has not Puert USB.
Could please check and tell me how I could get my Spotify Receiver
Thank you very much 🙂

@michael123 wrote:

Dear friends, I have a Yamaha receiver Model RX 867 is compatible?
This model has not Puert USB.
Could please check and tell me how I could get my Spotify Receiver
Thank you very much 🙂

Yamaha has announced Spotify Connect support for 2013 receivers only.

Yamaha firmware update is available!

I've updated my Yamaha RX-475 receiver (2013er model) but I still dont see an connect button on my spotify android app.

Something is still not working....

@calabizerg wrote:

I've updated my Yamaha RX-475 receiver (2013er model) but I still dont see an connect button on my spotify android app.

Something is still not working....

Whats the firmware version on your Yamaha receiver? Do you have the latest Spotify app? Are your mobile device and Yamaha receiver on the same local network?

Ok, I still have the 1.05 (old) firmware but I have performed a Network update and still not have a newer version. So apparently Yamaha has just released instructions but not new firmware.

But thanks for your answer poisike!

@calabizerg wrote:

Ok, I still have the 1.05 (old) firmware but I have performed a Network update and still not have a newer version. So apparently Yamaha has just released instructions but not new firmware.

But thanks for your answer poisike!

I have a friend with 475 receiver and his shows v1.06 after the update but still there is no Spotify input. This is strange.

It seems Yamaha website has updates for 675 and up. I updated my A2030 and i have Spotify Connect and it works. I actually can turn on the receiver from network standby when i select it as payback device in Spotify app! So it's everything i wanted. So thank you Yamaha and Spotify!

This stands on Yamahas website: From 01-23-2014 you can update your AVR with Spotify Connect. In the first step we release the update for the following models: RX-V675, RX-V775, RX-A730, RX-A830, RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000.

The easiest way to update is to enter the Advanced Setup and select "update" and "update network". Then the software downloads direct into your AVR. After a reboot you are on the way. Remeber that you need a Spotify Premium account to have it working. If you want to try Spotify Premium there is a testversion for a 30 day free trial: http://spotify.com/yamaha

For other models: RX-V475, RX-V575, RX-V500D, RX-S600 and RX-S600D the update releases in a short time.

I like the new Spotify function for my RX-A2030.

and What´s about R-N500? it´s a 2013 Net receiver ... 😞

I'm also curious about the R-N500 receiver. The release info issued clearly states that it's supposed to have spotify connect support. 

I would get in touch with Yamaha and ask them. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It seems that the new firmware is not available yet as the Yamaha R-N500 receiver does not get new firmware after "Firmware update". It is still the same version of 1.03.

The firmware for the R-N500 is available just now in the web. Aleluia! 🙂 all works ok. Connect feature is simply wonderful. Enjoy!

Really? Where did you found it?

Support label in http://goo.gl/yNtB9G enjoy

Ok, I found it! 😄 But how does it work then? There is Spotify on the Net source but it can't be configured. So, is there any updated user manual available?

Suggested posts