Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect, Alexa-echo multiple speakers, constant issues with control

Spotify connect, Alexa-echo multiple speakers, constant issues with control

Premium plan, USA, 

Devices: All Amazon Echo or Show devices - controlled by Alexa on android or PC, or by Spotify on PC, or by Spotify app on Android  - Playing on Alexa multi-room music (speaker groups)

My Question or Issue

Some group names appear 2 times in Spotify connect list in Spotify app or Spotify PC desktop: The group names come from Amazon-Alexa integration. I two groups that appear twice. Only one of the groups works properly: the one that doesn't work properly either doesn't play anywhere, or plays on only 1 of the multi-room speakers in the group. Alexa controls the wrong group and no music is heard. If music is started via the app on the correct group, Alexa will not honor ANY commands to stop the music, change volume, etc., they all fail.  This issue has been present for a long time. I have a home with at least FOURTEEN echo/show devices and the troubleshooting/suggested remedies are not practical (reset all the devices, delete the devices, etc., I've done it before, it either doesn't solve the problem at all, or only solves it temporarily).

0 Replies

Suggested posts