Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes as soon as I open it

Spotify crashes as soon as I open it

Hey, I've been having this problem for months now and I finally decided to deal with it. So, basically, every time I open spotify on my laptop, it immediately crashes. I have tried restarting my laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, and I tried many other things including going into "properties" and making the app a previous version. I have no idea what to do, It's driving me INSANE. Help!

4 Replies

What is your OS, and system specifications?

Hey there @omnib

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a regular one?

If that doesn't do the trick, you should also check your host files. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Lastly, we suggest that you check your firewall and and antivirus and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

tried each of those, they didn't work.

Hey @omnib,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

Can you try opening the Task Manager and stopping all Spotify processes? After that, open the app > go to Settings > toggle the option Local Files on > disable all the sources that appear there > toggle Local Files back off.

Let us know how that goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts