Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify daily mixes knowing what I listen to on Pandora?

Spotify daily mixes knowing what I listen to on Pandora?

My Question or Issue

I feel like sometimes my Spotify shows in my daily mixes what I listen to on my Pandora. To start this off, I have reserved my Spotify to listen to the genres that I currently like the most such as Metalcore, Post-Grunge, Deathcore, things like that. On my Pandora I mainly listen to genres such as Punk Rock and EDM which I still like but I don't want to "mess up" things on my Spotify such as my custom queued shuffle, and more importantly, my daily mixes. I still have a lot of Punk Rock and EDM playlists saved and also songs/albums saved in my library from when I used to listen to those genres on Spotify more regularly but now I don't listen to them at all anymore on Spotify and instead go to Pandora when I want to listen to those. The past couple days I have been listening to Punk Rock a bit more on pandora on my laptop while listening to my usual stuff on my spotify on my phone at the same time. Yesterday and today I noticed that I had both an edm daily mix as my 6th one and a punk rock one as my 2nd one. Usually when I get these, even though i do get a little bit mad since as I said I don't listen to those genres on Spotify anymore so my daily mixes arent reflecting what I listened to recently when I get those daily mixes, I get them as daily mixes 5/6 not all the way up as #2. Could this be Spotify knowing what I listen to on Pandora cause of my IP address even though they are 2 separate listening services or am I just crazy to think that and that this is just one big coincidence? Also side question: How does spotify decide what genre is daily mix 1 vs daily mix 5/6?

Plan

Premium for both Spotify and Pandora

Country

Devices

iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 14.6 and MacBook Pro 2019 16" w/ 10.15./7

1 Reply

Hey @fobloverforlife,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As you mention, Spotify and Pandora are two different services, so what you listen on one of them shouldn't impact the other. Keep in mind that the Daily Mixes reflect not only your personal listening activity, but also that of people with similar tastes. They gather info from Your Library as well. This means that if you have old playlists, followed artists and liked songs from genres you haven't played recently, they could still come in the Mixes. As for the numbering - it's random 🙂 

Hope this info is useful. The Community is here for you, should you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts