Premium (Family)

Country

Switzerland

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.8

My Question or Issue

Since a few weeks not I have issues to play Spotify on my HEOS system. I already restarted everything, even did a hard reset of the HEOS. I also tried to set the firewall of my router on the lowest level. But still it does not connect. Radio and other services work fine. Interesting observation: When I quickly turn off and on the wifi on my iPhone, the Spotify app can connect to HEOS. But as soon as I use another service (e.g. radio), the Spotify app seems to "lose" the HEOS and cannot connect anymore.

7 Replies

Hi there @uga6,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step to try is to unplug your router for 5 minutes and then try again.

Let us know how everything goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

**bleep** tried both of your solutions but none of them worked 😞

Hi @uga6

Thanks for getting back to us.

We suggest that you check if the firmware of your device is up to date. 

Additionally, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The firmware is up to date. 

We use HEOS in 2 different households with the same problem. But they both have the same internet/wifi setup (same provider, same type of router. 

It is a bit hard to test it with a different internet connection 🙂 or do you think an iPhone hotspot would do it?

Hey @uga6,

Thanks for your reply.

That's right, you could try with a hotspot to see how it behaves. This would help us understand where the root of the issue might be.

Additionally, could you try connecting to your HEOS system from a different device where you have the Spotify app, like a computer or another phone? We'd like to see if this behavior persists while using a different device.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Thanks for your help so far, much appreciated! Sorry it took a while but it is not my own household but the one of my mum, so it took some time to test your suggestions 🙂

_ Using a different device (iPad and a different iPhone) did not help and the problem persisted.

_ Using a hotspot helped and Spotify worked fine with Heos. So I assume that the problem must be with the WIFI/router settings. Any ideas?

Hi again @uga6,

Thanks for keeping in touch and trying our suggestions.

This indicates that the issue is indeed related to the connection. Try restarting the router by unplugging it for a couple of minutes.

Additionally, make sure that there aren't any firewall settings enabled for Spotify in the router configuration.

It's hard for us to actually determine what might be affecting the connection here since it may be something with that particular setup, so if the issue persists, it's worth reaching out to the Internet Service Provider so they can give you further info.

If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts