Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11, iPad Air)

Operating System

(iOS latest update.)

My Question or Issue

I have a Bose SoundTouch which I can control from my iPhone or iPad using its SoundTouch app. I’ve never had an issue until a few days ago. Whenever I select a song, it just stays on the blue screen and nothing happens. No sounds, no information of the song or artist. Just blue. It’s the only music service that doesn’t work and Bose customer service says it’s 100% a Spotify issue. I’ve done most of the obvious troubleshooting so far (reset, sign out/in, reinstall, etc...). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

85 Replies

Hi @franlongoria

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

Take your time to try with a different mobile device and let us know how it goes. 

Additionally, we suggest that you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your Android device to check if the issue persists with a different account. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Try select airplay optimization on bose APP. It works for me.

Its not a default selection

Probably late in the day, but only had this issue recently, could not select Bose device from Spotify using app on Android. Updated version etc made no difference. But then remembered also had soundtouch app on PC. Deleted Spotify from sountouch app, updated app on PC, re-added Spotify account on it and all good back to normal 

Hey friend. I know this is an old thread but this issue just began for me this past week and I found this thread while Googling solutions. Would you please provide some guidance as to how I apply the fix you suggest?

Thanks in advance 

Hi, I had suddenly the same problem. Tried everything with no positiv result.

At least I switched the automatic WLAN connection in my router from 5 GHz to 2,4 GHz for my Bose.

Now everything works fine.

How about you guys fix this issue with your absolutely useless API protocols and codes you have? There are several posts on here, and you guys apparently DGAF to do anything about it. Also…. Now you’ve made the subscription more expensive as well. Same price as Apple Music… who certainly aren’t too incompetent to program a simple restful API. I’m gonna switch to Apple Music if you don’t fix this. There are issues with your broken API protocol since 2015. that’s almost a decade now. This is pathetic**bleep**. And mark my words: if you keep this up, you’ll be gone from the market. Cause frankly… this is unacceptable. 

Suggested posts