Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work with Google Home

Spotify doesn't work with Google Home

I have half a dozen Google Home devices on my network. For the past year or so, I would occasionally get an error, 'Sorry, something went wrong' but the issue would normally resolve in an hour or so.

For the past month, I have been unable to play anything on Spotify on any of the Google Home devices. I also cannot Cast to them using spotify as I get the same error.

Spotify has become pretty useless. Apple Music works, Google Music works, Spotify does not...

I have unlinked my account and re-linked. I have tried creating a new account on my premium subscription and linking that one instead and it still doesn't work.

Why haven't you guys fixed this? Your boards are full of people with the same problem.

7 Replies

Hey @irridial,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We'd first recommend making sure that your Google Home speakers are running the latest software version available.

We'd also suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app, as this will be helpful for clearing any files from previous installations that might be causing issues.

Let us know how it goes. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @novy,

This did not work, I tried a clean reinstall of Spotify on my iPhone, I tried restarting my google home, and still nothing, can you please help?? 

Hey there @Abelram17

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Additionally, would you mind checking if the firmware of your speakers is up-to-date?

Keep us posted!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

My google nest cast firmware version is 1.54.250118, in terms of the wifi,
it is connected to my home wifi, as well as my phone.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,

Abel

Hey @Abelram17,

Thanks for the info.

Can you try connecting all home devices to another WiFi network, like a mobile hotspot. You can create such a network with your phone.

This will help us see if the issue is network related.

It's also a good move to factory reset your google nest.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

Changing to another network did not work, and we already tried the
resetting to factory, and it did not work as well.

I also have an Amazon Alexxa and there is never any issue with that one, it
is only with google’s.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,

Abel

Hey @Abelram17,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to clarify, are you able to stream other apps successfully your Google? In any case, have you tried running a clean reinstall of the Google Home app?

Also, could you confirm that you get the same error like the one in the original post? We'd appreciate it if you share a recording of what happens ay your end when you try to connect to the speaker. That would allow us to take a closer look.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts