Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Artists Bio - Unable to tag or link to another Artist Page or Song

Solved!

Spotify for Artists Bio - Unable to tag or link to another Artist Page or Song

Hi,

I'm trying to tag another artist in my bio. The instructions on the Spotify for Artist page state that you can do this by adding @ in front the name but it doesn't seem to work. I'm confused as to how we can use this to link to an artist we collaborate with or to link to a specific song. I've seen it done on other profiles, but simply adding @ doesn't seem to do the trick for me.

Can anyone provide any insight please?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I had the same issue. Try this: you can paste the URI for the artist you'd like to add (without the @) and hit Save and refresh. This should hyperlink to the content automatically.

Important - you will need to hit refresh to see the link.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shawn

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey there @UnoMusico

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators.

They should be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi, I had the same issue. Try this: you can paste the URI for the artist you'd like to add (without the @) and hit Save and refresh. This should hyperlink to the content automatically.

Important - you will need to hit refresh to see the link.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shawn

Thank you so much it worked!! Spotify for Artists should post this on their FAQs because it seems like a common problem no one can ever find an answer to! Thanks again for your help!!

@Elena I have a few times before and they never answer lol.

You are welcome! Glad it worked for you! 

Any suggestions on what to do if neither the @ symbol or URI tag another artist? When I try the URI I just end up with a long web address in my bio. Thanks for any suggestion you might have!

I have the same problem

Hi @baxoerdy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

The @ or URI options should be working to tag other artists. As the issue is still persistent, we'd recommend contacting our Artist Support team so they can check your profile and help you further 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator

this solution doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried it in different browsers, several times, never worked. Is ther something else that Spotify for Artists can do to solve this issue?

Hey @juanzuleta,

We're linking the artist support page as the folks there specialize in issues with creator profiles and content 🙂
Community mods can help with account & tech issues, but our hands are a bit tied when it comes to artist-related stuff.
Keep us posted and let us know if anything else comes up in the meantime.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator

I have tried this method and I can't get it to work.
I paste the link to the artist and it pops up with the name, which I cannot click on. 
When I press save and refresh, the link is all that is visible, not the artist name (Both on my actual Bio page on Spotify and Spotify for artists.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have exactly the same issue. 

Pasting the URL the artist name pops up with a white frame but i'm unable to click on it. 

Tested various browser.

If I save like this, the link is staying in the bio like this. 

The @ solution is not working either.

Same problem here!

This issue is no longer "Solved" -- the former solution no longer appears to work, as others have long since reported. Pasting just the URI then saving and refreshing only results in an unlinked URI presented as text. I've tried it in both Chrome and Firefox with all ad-blockers disabled.

I just had an extended chat with the Spotify for Artists help team and they kept copy/pasting the instructions about how it's supposed to work (using either the @ or pasting in a Spotify URI), so to humor them, I tried editing my Bio again, and this time, after typing an @ and then just one letter (rather than the entire artist/album/song name), the drop-down appeared, and I then typed a few more characters until the desired artist appeared in the drop-down. I clicked on the artist and their linked name appeared in the bio editor box. I saved, and it worked. Similarly, I was able to do that with an individual track (I had to scroll past Artists and Albums) and got it to work. Pasting a link NEVER worked for me, no matter what I tried, so I think that the bio link functionality is still partly broken.

Hi all.  I work with a bunch of artists and this sent me round the bend. 
SOLUTION - do this edit on your Spotify for Artists Mobile App.  works a treat for me.  The desk top app obviously has issues with this feature. 

Not working for me. Doesn't work anywhere right now. Not in the browser nor the app. Also tried updating.

Suggested posts