Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Windows - Scrolling and Selecting Songs in Playlist

Spotify for Windows - Scrolling and Selecting Songs in Playlist

I've been using Spotify on several different platforms for the last 2-3 years now, and I've reached a point where I'm just disappointed now. Right before the switch to 1.0.x and the new UI about a year ago, it was one of my favorite apps. It's undoubtedly the best music subscription service (in my opinion) in the US, but the applications that deliver the music have gotten so much worse. It's getting to be like Facebook where fancy cool things come before stability and performance.

1. System Requirements - the legacy Spotify app for Windows, iOS, and Android performed significantly better on lesser sytem resources. This was especially true with iOS and Android when the 1.0.x release arrived, and performance on the apps went from quick and repsonsive to complete garbage. With 2015 hardware, a desktop / laptop won't have issues running the app, but it's definitely more of a hog than it used to be for system resources.

The problem lies in the fact that with the new UI, and increased usage in system resources, the app, fundamentlaly, isn't doing anything DIFFERENT. It's still just playing music for me, and organizing my music how I want it. It just looks prettier, and the way it was before was great. I was actually impressed with the previous UI.

2. Scrolling. The Spotify for Windows application right now is a MESS when it comes to scrolling. A single movement of the mouse wheel takes you down... maybe an estimated 8-10 lines. I can get through an entire playlist of songs with a single scroll of a mouse wheel (150+ songs). How the hell am I supposed to find an individual song like this? Please fix it.

3. One of my FAVORITE things about Spotify for Windows was that while I was listening to a song, I could simply click on the album art, and it would immediately take me to the location in the playlist that it came from, and highlight it in green (for its Now Playing status).

This has gone back and forth a few times. I lost that ability in one of the versions, then it came back. I updated last night, it's gone again. Now when I click on album art, it just takes me to the play queue. I don't want that, keep it the way it was. Now if I want to remove that song from a playlist, I have to hunt for it manually in the playlist that I selected to play.

For example, I double click on my Starred playlist to begin playing it. It's got an old song that I want to get rid of. Now I have to scroll through the big list of songs (which as you see in #2 is super painful) and delete it manually.

Get it together, folks. Stop changing the UI and behavior with every release, and focus on bug fixes and feature implementation.

0 Replies

Suggested posts