Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for artists: Streams being substracted

Spotify for artists: Streams being substracted

Hey there!

My band and I have recently released a new single on Spotify. As you might know: for the first few days after release, you can see a live stream-count in the spotify for artists app. We noticed that there are streams being substracted each day. For example we were at a little over 10.000 streams this morning, but now we are back at 9.367. Did anybody else have that kind of experience? It is quite frustrating to be honest and has happened each day after release. Help or tips would be much apreciated!

3 Replies

Hey @Jasp3r989,

Spotify For Artists might be able to help with this however I'd recommend checking out this FAQ here regarding streaming and these counts and how often they are updated. If that doesn't help, you can raise a support request by using this contact form here. Due to the current on-going pandemic some of Spotify Support channels are operating with reduced staff so there maybe a slight delay.

Keep Safe,

Hi, It's happening to me too, have you managed to understand why? Thanks, I wish you a great success 

Hey @Myrkr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

On Spotify, a stream counts when someone listens to the track for 30 seconds or more. However, this number shouldn't be decreasing. Since we don't have access to users or artists accounts in the Community, we'd recommend contacting Artists support so they can check your profile and see what happens with the stream count.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts