Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify free not playing the music I want to hear...

Solved!

Spotify free not playing the music I want to hear...

Am I doing something wrong here or is it normal to get blasted with unwanted music between every song on my playlist?  I understand that there will be adveresments if I am on the free app, I am fine with that.  But it looks like I just get random songs from random artists...  If this is the case then the free version is completly useless as the main idea behind service like this is to actually hear the music I want to lissen to.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

As a Spotify free user you can only "shuffle" your music. unfortunately you can't pick an individual song that you want to hear. 

Please mark this as a solution if I sorted things out for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

As a Spotify free user you can only "shuffle" your music. unfortunately you can't pick an individual song that you want to hear. 

Please mark this as a solution if I sorted things out for you.

Spotify does not play random artist tracks between your own selected music - that's completely against the rules and would also make spotify look biased towards someones specific music which would make the company look terrible. You either have your playlist on shuffle or you're listenig to a radio playlist - no music service is allowed to advertise songs between advertising breaks

Actually you have to have an amount of songs in your playlist if you want to only listen to that songs. Spotify will pick up other songs from other playlist if you do not have it.

I have the same issue to another level, when I want to hear my playlist spotify plays another suggested song that is unwanted, but it never plays my playlist songs, it's completely unacceptable.

Suggested posts