Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify free not working on my Samsung Galaxy SCL

Solved!

Spotify free not working on my Samsung Galaxy SCL

Hello,

I uninstalled spotify from my android phone as a was not using it.

Now that I heard about spotify free on mobiles and tablets, I tried to install it again to try it, but any time I try to play a song it tells me that I have to subscribe the premium account. I also see a button "Download" ("Descargar", as i am in Spain) any time I open a playlist.

Is now working the free service in Spain or should I wait to be launched?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, you need a newer version of spotify to be able to use it free on mobile. If you're using android 2.2 or older, the most recent version of spotify which is supported is 0.6.5 which will not give free access. If your android version is newer than 2.2, try uninstalling spotify and downloading again from Google Play.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

What version of the app are you running?

It'll be at the bottom of the settings page 🙂

Liam

Hi. Free spotify only allows listening to music in shuffle mode. You can't play a specific track but there should be a shuffle play button you can select to listen to music on all screens. Full details in the FAQ.

I've got version 0.6.5.183

The question is that the button does not apperas in any of the screens. Seems to be kind of shy

Marked as solution

Ah, you need a newer version of spotify to be able to use it free on mobile. If you're using android 2.2 or older, the most recent version of spotify which is supported is 0.6.5 which will not give free access. If your android version is newer than 2.2, try uninstalling spotify and downloading again from Google Play.

I see. thank you

Suggested posts