Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has quit working through Sonos

Spotify has quit working through Sonos

Although my login and password seem to work fine, and I can use Spotify stand-alone, it has stopped working through Sonos.  When I try to play anything from Spotify, I get a message that says "unable to browse music."  It's been going on all day and nothing I've done has fixed it.  Why is this happening and what needs to happen to fix it?

25 Replies

Hi, Same issue here on the sonos system. But now for some reason i have 30% back from my playlist and the rest is still gone. Bryan

Having the same problem been trying an hour, then it came on and almost straight away went off, now its back on

Further to my last post, none of my play lists are working, but am still able to choose music from the search window. Now my play list has disappeared

Exact the same problem here

There might have been a little downtime yesterday that would have caused this. Should be up and running now, however. Still running into this at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi, I have faced the same problems yesterday with my sonos-spotify service. At night it starts to work but I am having some problems yet. When I display my playlists some of them dont show their name and show just " - " instead of their names. I can click on them and use them but I hope everyting get as usual as soon as possible. Thanks

Hi maxtrixuam i dont know if it helps but i did the follow thing.... Just erase your account on the sonos system and then open it again with your account name and password. This worked for me, somi hope it will work for you to. Bryan

Hi Bryan, First thanks for your advice. I did it but still having this problem. Anyway since a couple of hours everything is working as expected.

Hi there,
the Spotify service through Sonos is run by Sonos - you might get more joy posting this on their support forums if it happens again. When Spotify launched through Sonos I had trouble with it, but their support was excellent
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

My Premium Spotify works fine in its own app on my phone and mac but not within the Sonos app. On both my phone and Mac using the Sonos app I get the message "unable to browse music". Any idea whats happening, I use Spotify for almost all of my music listening through my Sonos. Napster still works fine. I have tried removing and re-adding the service from Sonos etc but still no joy. Thanks in advance for any help.

Same problem, bet they still ask for £9.99 at the end of the month of though....

Yep! 🙂 I have to say that I love Spotify, and it normally works really well on the Sonos system. Hopefully there will be a quick fix and I wont have to defect to Napster, that is working perfectly on the Sonos.

I would expect more people on here moaning, seems to be only a few, dont get your broadband from Sky do you ? just want to elimate a squeeze being the course...

Same here. Spotify packed up through Sonos about 4hours ago and it's driving me mad. I get broadband from Sky.....

No issues playing spotify on mobile or laptop, just get "Unable to browse music". I have searched forums looking for solution and have only come up with rebooting everything....which did nothing!

Sonos tech help states "SPOTIFY - This service may be experiencing temporary service interuptions" ???

Nope, I am on Jersey Telecom, no issues on the line side.

Yep Sonos posted on twitter (21000 followers) that there is a fault with spotify on sonos, but posted nothing on their FB page (51000 followers) and spotify show 'all systems are feeling jolly good' all gets on my nerves, hard day at work all you want is the music you pay for, but no to much to ask for....

Ok, just checked and mine is working. No contact from anyone about how or why but it works. All ok for everyone else?

Yeah all working, once again kept well out of the loop though, only paying customers aint we like sh*t on the shoe...

Hello,

Rorey updated the Western Digital page with a comment relating to something similar here.

It became apparently that were some playlist loading issues that were preventing some features from working, and hopefully these should be fixed now.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts