Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has stopped connecting to my Yamaha RX-A2A amp, from all devices.

Solved!

Spotify has stopped connecting to my Yamaha RX-A2A amp, from all devices.

Spotify still sees the device but when I try to connect I just get a flashing connection symbol. It worked perfectly previously, but stopped connecting overnight. Nothing else has changed.

I've un/reinstalled the spotify app on several devices, rebooted my router and restarted the amp, as well as going through the set up process again, but nothing works. Yamaha is offering no help at all. Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem, exact same amp. I fixed it by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 secs or more. This seemed to reset the connection between the app and amp. I guess in your case you inadvertently did a power cycle. I have an issue though where Tidal shows track names but Spotify doesn't 🤷

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Danbosh,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community.

Before we start any further troubleshooting, we need to make sure you're running the latest firmware in your Yamaha device. Could you check that? 

If this is indeed the case and you still can't connect to it, a factory reset of the device should be our next step.

Just to be on the same "reinstall" page, could you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app as described on this page?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena - I can confirm that the firmware on the amp is fully updated, that it has been factory reset and set up again from scratch and that Spotify has been deleted and reinstalled on at least two devices, but the problem persists.

This is happening across any device, on different spotify accounts. They see the amp as a device, but connecting to it fails.

Hey @Danbosh,

Thanks for this extra info. 

You’ve already covered a lot of troubleshooting steps, which makes me wonder if this could be a network related issue. Is it possible for you to connect Spotify and the amp through a different network, e.g. a hot spot on your phone?

You could also try to reduce wireless interference by changing the wireless channel used by the amp, your router, or both. We recommend you refer to your router’s owner manual for specific instructions on how to do this.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi - this didn't work, but something very weird did. About three days ago we had a power cut, meaning everything in the house turned off at once. When it came back on, the problem was solved! Absolutely no idea why.

D

Marked as solution

I had the same problem, exact same amp. I fixed it by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 secs or more. This seemed to reset the connection between the app and amp. I guess in your case you inadvertently did a power cycle. I have an issue though where Tidal shows track names but Spotify doesn't 🤷

I've updated macOS to version 12.6.2. Since that update it's not possible to connect to other device (Yamaha RX-V485) anymore. The icon is blinking but nothing happens. Before the update all works fine. I've restarted all devices but no success.

I had same issue 

I fixed by restarting the router

Hope was helpful 

Suggested posts