NEXT STEP

Spotify issues with F-Secure Freedome VPN

Spotify issues with F-Secure Freedome VPN

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

Switching to a new album or sometimes a changed playlist doesn't work. Sometimes it has given "not available" error, but mostly the controls just get greyed out and do nothing. 
Solution is to turn off the VPN, restart Spotify, open the new album/playlist (Spotify will find it normally then), and then re-start VPN.
For whatever reason, I don't remember having this issue some 1-2 years ago, but only when I got back to Spotify after spending time with another service.

It's a super annoying issue, and I found it posted already in 2016 along with a comment that F-Secure stated it's not something in their end.

1 Reply

Hi there @BobToroid,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The Spotify Desktop app is not designed to work with a VPN/ Private tunnel and we can't guarantee that it would work as expected when using one. 

Spotify's content is location based, which means that some features or music/ podcasts are not available in all countries. There is also a price difference between the subscription plans in different countries or regions, so we cannot support the use of apps which could be possibly used to change your IP address.

Hope this makes sense.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts