Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify library is not working on tv

Spotify library is not working on tv

Spotify is downloaded on my tv. But I cannot access my library. Every time I try to, it skips past my library and playlist.
28 Replies

Mi TV

Well I can't enter library (newest version of Spotify for tv

Hello and welcome to the Community! 

We'll do our best to help you enjoy Spotify on your TV, if you tell us a bit more about what's happening on your end:

• Did the skipping start recently or is this the first time you're using the app on that TV?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting already - reinstalling the app? rebooting the TV?
  • What's the make and model of your TV and what's the Spotify version you have installed?
  • Can you navigate through the app at all? For example can you search or pick a playlist from the Home screen?
  • Is it possible to start playback on your TV from another device (your phone) through Connect and then switch to control it directly on the TV?

It would also be helpful, if you could send over a video so we can see what's what.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem on Spotify Android TV on a Xiaomi 4A 1280x720p I can't access the library.

There is also another problem, the album cover is shown below the timeline, and previously it was above it, it is misaligned.

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I can search for songs, play them and click the heart to add to my liked songs, but can’t access my library. I have a TCL smart tv. I have reset the tv, updated spotify, deleted the app and reinstalled and still not able to access library.

same issue with zephyr smart TV. It does not me select "Your Library"

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Skyworth TV

My Question or Issue

My only problem is that I can't seem to click the "your library" button, it only skips and proceed to another options. The options are Home, Search, Your library and Account.. When I do want to click "your library" it skips and it won't let me click it. I just want to see my liked songs and play that lists 😔 Though on my phone it works perfectly fine it's just on my TV. Please help me. 🥺

Hi, I am facing the same issue . Please see the video I have sent below.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Img5D--Ey3p3eoww0Lxu3-x6N88oSa3/view?usp=drivesdk

App version is 1.70.3

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread!

In order for us to investigate this further, we'd need the
 Spotify version you're currently running. We can then relay the information to our tech team.

Any additional details (such as your TV's make, model and OS) will be very helpful to our investigation as well. Sending us some screenshots (or a quick video) of how the issue looks like would come in handy.

We'll be on the look for your replies,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

1)https://drive.google.com/file/d/12GyrpxIC-PUG4ZlLOLH_TD0WfS6JwfEf/view?usp=drivesdk

2) Android TV Version:9

3) Tv name: Vu smart Android tv 32 inch

4) Spotify tv app version is 1.70.3

5) please check this video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Img5D--Ey3p3eoww0Lxu3-x6N88oSa3/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey @Saisuseel,

Thanks for providing the requested details.

We've passed this info to the relevant teams at Spotify, who'll look into it. 

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have any new information to share.

Take care!

LyubkaModerator

Same here anyone know how to solve it ? 

u can use "mouse" to click it, but not everyone has "mouse function" on their remote
Hope u guys can undertstand what i say ( I'm not good at english)

This is happening to me too -- I updated the Smart TV's google update to its newest, I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, I even changed my account to a different plan and logged in again to see if that helps -- nope. It skips right over Your Library like it's been disabled. Attached is a very short video -- well, here's a link to the video on YouTube because Spotify will only let me attach an mp4, and I don't know how to convert it: https://youtu.be/oxSNekKwwMw

spotify team please reply 

Same problem for me on Google Chromecast with Google TV and the current version of the Spotify App.

Anyone with the following problem?

When I switch between side menu options on Spotify for TV, the option "Your library" is ignored and the focus jumps to the next option. This makes that field "unclickable" with the remote controller.

Plan

FPremium

Country

South Africa 

Device

sinotec SWTV 

I am unable to access my library on my TV app.

I have updated, restarted all my apps on a

l my devices and still can’t. There are the library recommendations from Spotify available. But none of my created playlists. The library icon is in the menu bar,but if I try scroll over,it simply skips past.

please help

My Question or Issue

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

The relevant team is already aware of the situation, but they need as much info as possible to fix it as soon as possible. Taking this into account, if you're still having this issue, include in your next response the current firmware version of your Android TV. This will help the team move forward to resolve it. The more cases they have, the easier it will be to detect the issue.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts