Country

Belgium

Device

Acer R11

Operating System

Chromebook

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I don't know if I am the only one to have this problem but when I follow a Spotify link (album, title, playlist, ect), it always leads me to the home page of Spotify instead. This is really annoying.

Any suggestions?

5 Replies

Hey there @Dltnx

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting here.

Just to confirm, have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app? We suggest you also restart the device after the new installation. 

Also, do you experience this across other devices as well? 

If the issue persists, feel free to send us a screen recording. Giving us your Spotify version would also be helpful.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.
I forgot to mention I'm using the web player, not the app. It occurs both on Chromebook and Windows 10 (using Google Chrome each time)

Hello @Dltnx,

Thanks for the additional info!

OK, so just to confirm - this is only happening when using the Web Player? Is it possible for you to try it on a different device or with another browser on the Windows 10?

Also, would you mind downloading the app to check if this will solve the issue? Head to the FAQ here to find out how to install the app on your Chromebook.

To make sure it's not an issue with your Spotify account itself, it would help if you could try logging into another account to test if you'll get the same result.

Should the issue persist, it would be great if you could provide some extra info, so that our tech team can look into this in detail. You'll find a template for that here under Report your issue.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Xenia

I am having the same problem on the android app. I've just got a new phone and thinking that would solve it, the issue remains!

Adam

Hey @Adamk5,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

This issue is commonly related to the offline mode of your device or the availability of the content. To continue investigating this, could you check if your device is in Offline mode? If so, turn it off and try again. After this, could you check if this happens with all the tracks or episodes you try?

Also, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts